Ace + Valentina

Long long ass chapter ahead.

One in the morning. Third cup of coffee. Sleeping baby and packed bags. Something about driving late at night calmed me. I just need to get away from everything. But then I have to remember I also have a baby it won't be as easy to try and get away for peace with her here but I need to adapt to needing to get away with her.

I can't abandon her when I feel like escaping reality. So I'm just going to get driving until I feel like we should stop. Before we left I got a cassette to play the tapes. All of a sudden Valeria started crying, I was surprised she lasted this long. Usually she cries or get irritated in her car seat.

"What's wrong?" I ask her looking in the rear view mirror at her.

She wailed her arms shouting loudly. I took an exsit on the highway and found the nearest parking lot to pull over. I got out the car and gave Valeria her favorite bear 'su' and gave her a bottle to calm her down. When she was undecontrol I went back to driving. I decided we'll stop at my parents condo in the tropicals. My parents used to travel a lot and their farest condo is by the tropicals. I have like nine hours left to drive.

Six diaper changes, four food stops, ten coffees later and we're half way there. This drive has been peaceful, listening to music while Valeria had my tablet to watch baby things that kept her entertained.

Then my phone started ringing snapping her attention to me. I gave her a quick smile before picking up the phone not bothering to see who it is.

"Hello Jules phone. Jules speaking." I mumbled after yawning. Gosh I'm tired. I picked up my coffee and peaked at it while I was at a red light.

"Damn finally. What does it take for you to pick up these days?" Oh jovian.

"Uh."

"Jules are you okay? Because all of sudden you want to go MIA then answer Ansel calls before answering mine which was pissy and I'm trying to also explain myself because I know how you overthink everything and I don't want you to think-"

"Please stop lecturing me. Gosh I'm not some irresponsible kid. Last time I checked I'm an adult. You don't have to explain yourself. I get it. And I answered Ansel call because he wouldn't grill me like you do. I'm fine I just need to distance myself right now."

He let out a deep breath, kinda like relief "I understand that. And if you need to distance yourself that's fine can you just let me know next time?"

"Yeah. Sure." I took a gulp of my coffee.

"Are you going somewhere? Sounds like you're in a car."

"I'm on a road trip. Going to my parents condo by the tropicals. It's far enough and it's a new space for me to... think" I probably sound nuts now.

"You're bullshitting me. You only run away or be all spontaneous when you're trying to run from something."

He's right In some ways. "look. Im fine I swear. I got Valeria with me. I wouldn't take her if I wasn't fine. I just need some time away to process some things." I peaked over in the next lane before switching.