001 :: BABY NAMES.

─── RUNAWAY
CHAPTER ONE...!

!

❝ SEASON ONE , EPISODE ONE  ❞

❝ SEASON ONE , EPISODE ONE ❞

JENNIE was sat on the edge of her father and stepmother's bed, as they discussed baby names for their new child on the way, with rain clashing against their window.

"What about Andrew? It's Greek for Valiant?" Jennie's stepmother, Haley, had suggested, looking back at the teen, hopeful for approval.

"I like Andrew." Jennie spoke, with a nod, moving so now laying with her stomach on the bed, peeking through the book.

"How do you like─" Aaron trailed off, trying to think of a baby name, "Sergio?"

"Ooh!" The teen girl laughed, hinting amusement, "That'd be fun for me to tease him about."

"Hey!" Haley flicked the girl's arm, shock written on her face, "I am not having this baby just for you to make fun of him 24/7!"

"I'm going to have to." Jennie shrugged, beginning to flip through the pages of baby names, "I'm going to be an older sister. It's part of the job description."

The stepmom rolled her eyes, while Aaron had let out a chuckle. Haley then pointed to a name on the baby name book, with a raised eyebrow, "How about Donald? No way you can come up with a way to tease him for that."

"Seriously? Oh, now you're making it too easy." The girl stretched out on the bed, now hanging off the edge, "Donald Duck? Old McDonald? Donald Tr─"

Jennie was cut off when Haley had pushed her off the bed due to her teasing. The young girl let out a yelp, as the family was now laughing hysterically.

"Oh, I have one!" Jennie spoke, getting back onto the bed, looking at her father with a knowing smile, "What about─ Gideon?"

Haley let out a laugh, as the father squinted his eyes at the girl, "Not a chance."

"It's Hebrew! It's a masculine name, that translates to great warrior!" Jennie told her parents, laughing, "I learned that from the ice cream truck guy."

"Why was the ice cream guy teaching you what the name Gideon means?" Aaron raised an eyebrow, now making his way to the bed.

"I don't know. Why do fridges have lights when you're not supposed to eat past 8pm? We all have our thing." Jennie deadpanned with a shrug, trying to contain her smile as she heard her parents laugh.

"Well, I think the name Gideon is perfect." Haley told her stepdaughter, smirking teasingly at Aaron. "Gideon Hotchner."

"No."

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Ye─" Haley was cut off as Aaron had leaned in for a kiss.

At the sight, Jennie was quick to scrunch her nose up with disgust, and cover her eyes, "Get a room, you two."

Aaron pulled away from Haley, looking at his daughter, "Actually─ this is our room."

The family shared one last laugh, until all of their heads turned at the sound of Aaron's work cell going off, indicated he was needed at the office. The father had sighed, giving his wife one last hug before going to the other side of the bedroom to pick up his cell.

After his phone call had ended, he began gathering his things so he could leave.

"Can I tag along with you to the office, dad?" Jennie asked, propped up at the end of the bed.

"It's a little late for that, sweetheart." Hotch told his daughter, planting a goodbye kiss onto Haley's forehead, before walking over to Jennie, "Plus, you have school in the morning."

"I don't think anyone will care that I fall asleep while learning about The Great Depression." Jennie told her father, "It is home-school after all. Not like my textbooks are going anywhere."

Hotchner only chuckled, shaking his head at his sarcastic daughter, ruffling the girl's hair. He then gave her hug, planting a kiss on top of her head, "Get some sleep, kiddo. I'll see you later okay? Maybe, if you're nice, Haley might be able to drop you off at the office once this case is over?"

Jennie scoffed, "I'm always nice!"

"Mm, debatable." The man spoke, before finally walking out of his bedroom door, and leaving for work.

Haley laughed as the man left, as Jennie only had an offended expression on her face. The stepmom then used one hand to cup the side of the teen's face, "He's right. Get some sleep, JenJen. I'll drive you by the office tomorrow if your dad's not too busy."

───

IT WAS the following day when Jennie Hotchner had spent mostly the entirety of her Friday helping her stepmother around the house, doing dishes, vacuuming, and doing the laundry.

It was around 3pm when Haley had dropped Jennie off at the BAU headquarters. Doing so wasn't new to Haley. She recognized Jennie could get a decent amount of work done at the office.

At first, Haley would be hesitant to drop off Jennie at the location, due to the fact that Aaron, and most of his team would be usually across the country. She knew the teen had been acquainted with almost everyone there since she was little, but she didn't know why she loved being there so much. However, she learned not to question Jennie and why she would want to stay there.

As Jennie made her way into her building, with her textbooks stacked into her hands, she immediately found her way to Penelope Garcia's workspace.

After giving the door three knocks, Jennie walked in to see Garcia painting her nails with a sparkling, pink color.

"Ooh, cute!" Jennie commented, her face brightening at the sight of nail polish, before plopping her books down on a part of Garcia's desk that wasn't occupied. She then unfolded a chair that was previously leaning against the wall, getting her workplace set up.

Penelope let out an excited gasp, turning to the teen, "My favorite has arrived!"

"With company of her three textbooks that weight at least two pounds each." Jennie added, sarcastically, grabbing a pencil from Garcia's desk.

"Well, I'm here to help you with-" Penelope paused, taking a look at one of the textbooks in front of Jennie, her eyes widening " 'Aeronautics and Astronautics'?! God, when I was your age, I was getting silly putty stuck in my hair."

Jennie laughed, throwing her head back. And with that, the two continued talking, while Penelope worked on her team's current case, and Jennie worked on her school.

AUTHOR'S NOTE. |

ahh!! okay okay so i've never written a book like this where the mc isn't like a middle aged woman 😟 but i've always wanted to write a book like this so here we go!!

the writing might be a lil cringey at first in this book because i'm not used to writing teens but ill warm up eventually 😫🙏

thank you so much for reading!! hope you enjoyed <33

𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍.
1128.