014 :: NEW FRIENDS.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER FOURTEEN...!

!

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

       AARON and the team had just gone out of state, working on a case. Jennie stuck around the office for a while, studying for her SATS coming up in about a month.

Her eyes were glued to her textbook that was being held by one of her hands, while the other hand was holding a half eaten cookie, along with a container of more cookies that she made as a study snack.

She had been walking around the BAU, basically in circles, studying. She finally decided to go up to her dad's office and sit there.

However, when she walked into the office, she met a woman sitting in his office couch, "Woah, that's not usually what I see when I come in here."

Jennie walked past the woman, placing her cookies and textbook on her dad's desk, speaking up again, "You waiting for my dad? He isn't gonna be here for a bit. Most likely a couple days?"

"Your dad?" The woman questioned, before explaining why she was there, "I-I was supposed to start out today, but apparently the paperwork got mixed up."

"Awh, that sucks."

As an awkward silence slowly filled the room, Jennie looked back at her dad's
desk, and quickly grabbed the container of cookies, extending it out to the woman, with a small smile.

"Cookie?"

That made the woman, who's name Jennie was yet to know of, let out a small chuckle, politely declining the offer.

When the silence continued once again, Jennie took a sticky note from her father's desk, and quickly writing on it.

She then took up her textbook in her hands. The woman looked up at Jennie, to see the girl placing the container of cookies on the couch next to her, along with a sticky note that held Garcia's work email.

"You want to meet with my dad? Contact that email address. She's the easiest way you'll get through to him." Jennie told her, "Garcia is very trusting. Don't take advantage of it. She's too nice."

With now only the textbook in her hand, Jennie began to walk out the door.

"Jennie, by the way." The teen spoke, introducing herself as she stood in the doorway.

The woman's lips tugged into a small smile, "Emily."

With that, Jennie grinned back at Emily Prentiss, before walking out of her dad's office to give the woman some space.

───

         JENNIE was sat on her stepmom's bed, with Haley and Jack next to her, as she wrote down notes from material from her school textbook. Haley was playing with Jack, as she was watching the news.

Jack was supposed to get some pictures taken today at the mall, but Haley told Jennie she cancelled it because she wanted Aaron to be there with them. So, they just sat at home all day.

"Woah, look at that." The blonde had gently nudged the teen, causing Jennie to look up.

"Police tonight foiled an apparent robbery attempt at the new USA mall, which would presumably have marred an otherwise successful grand opening."

"Haley? Jennie?"

Jennie could hear her father come home, desperately calling out the two's names.

"Hey, in here." Haley called out for him.

The man quickly opened the door to his bedroom, the relief on his face after seeing his family safe and sound on his bed being evident.

"You're home?" Haley spoke, a bit surprised, "Did you see that there was an attempted robbery at the new mall?"

The man stayed silent, only nodding as his emotions were still all over the place.

"I'm glad I cancelled Jack's photos. I just decided I wanted you to be there. It's better if we do it as a family." Haley told the man, running her hands softly through his hair, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," The man nodded, "Everything's perfect."

Jennie had kept her eyes on the TV, finally speaking up after some silence, "Dude. We could've like─ died today."

That caused her father to just refrain from rolling his eyes, shaking his head at his daughter. Nonetheless, a small smile remained on his lips to know that he was still able to see his daughter make witty jokes, opposed to what could've happened if she had gone to the mall today.

The family laughed together, sitting there, grateful that they still had each other in one piece.

If only it could be like that forever.

AUTHOR'S NOTE. |

EMILY IS HEREEE

𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍.
744.