021 :: PENELOPE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE...!

!

❝ SEASON THREE ❞

❝ SEASON THREE ❞

   JENNIE AND PENELOPE walked into their favorite cafe, smiling. As many times as they could, they usually would come here before the blonde's shift started, gossiping and chatting.

"Hey Penelope, hey Jennie!" The cashier grinned at them.

"Alison. The usual." Penelope gave the woman her coffee cup.

Alison took the cup, before looking at Jennie, remembering her usual order, "And a glazed donut for you, Jen-Jen?"

As the teen nodded, Penelope smiled, reaching in her purse for her wallet. That's when she could hear the man in the table next to her, sounding frustrating.

"Come on." He huffed, trying to get his laptop to work, "Oh, you gotta be kidding me."

The blonde looked at him, before the cashier gave her her coffee. She also gave Jennie her donut. The two then turned to the man, watching him tap his keys with slight anger.

Penelope then walked up to him, as Jennie watched from the counter, "I got a polo mallet in my trunk. Maybe you should give it a shot?— Sorry, none of my business."

"Three hours." The man told her, "Just froze up on me."

"And you didn't save as you—" The woman began, seeing he looked up at her, "Who had time to save these days? With the kids and the rap music?"

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows, at the blonde's commentary, before the man spoke up again, "You have a polo mallet in your trunk?"

She nodded, "Small one. Can I?"

Soon enough, the man scooted over so Penelope could try and fix his computer, "Oh, figures. Its windows. Temperamental. Let's try—Viola."

The man let out a noise, clearly impressed, as Jennie watched the whole scenario with a small smile on her face.