023 :: A TEXT MESSAGE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE...!

!

❝ A TEXT MESSAGE , SEASON SEVEN ❞

SEVEN ❞

       IT WAS A NEW WEEKEND, and Jennie came back to Quantico to visit once again. Weekends in New York weren't always her favorite, due to her barley knowing many people there.

Aaron didn't mind it, especially since Jennie often took a train, ultimately making the expenses cheaper. Not to mention,
her student discount.

Jennie decided to spend her weekend in town with her father, helping him train for his upcoming triathlon.

"When—" Aaron began, before stopping his run to take a break, "When did you get so fast at running?"

Jennie, who remained running in place in the spot in front of him, shrugged, "Soccer for seven years, and track for two. Not to mention, all those times I had to chase Jack because he wouldn't stop running off when he needed to get his flu shot."

Aaron chuckled softly, before wincing, placing a hand on his stomach, "Don't make me laugh. Cramps."

Jennie laughed, taking a sip from her water bottle. The two just stood there, catching their breath, before Aaron looked at Jennie's face, which held a familiar look on it. With that, he sighed.

"You want to race, don't you?"

"So bad."

"You're just preparing yourself for failure. You do understand that, right?" He joked, causing Jennie to let out a dry chuckle.

"You know, you're confident for someone who hasn't chased a little boy around a 300,000 square foot hospital."

Aaron shook his head, a small smile on his face, before pointing ahead, "Let's race to the pole over there."