039 :: HOTCHNER BROTHERS.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE...!

!

❝ HOTCHNER BROTHERS , SEASON EIGHT ❞

      THE TIME was approaching 9pm, when Jennie Hotchner sat at her New York apartment's kitchen table, looking down at one of the index cards she wrote on. Her eyes scanned across the smudge pen ink, the crossing out mistakes, and the difference in handwriting as she continued to write.

Her roommate, Rachel, sat next to her at the table, typing away on her laptop.

Jennie raised her head a bit, after scribbling out a mistake she made on her index card, "What's another word for struggle?"

Rachel stopped typing for a second, a silence filling the room as she paused to think, "Hm...Endeavor?"

"Mm, smart." Jennie nodded her head, beginning to write the word on her card, "Endeavor."

Neither of the girls said anything else for a brief moment, as Rachel continued to type. Soon enough, however, she stopped, looking up at her roommate.

"What's another word for but?" 

"Uhm.." Jennie paused, "Hiney?"

"Extremely wrong context."

"Oh...Oh!" Jennie registered what the girl had meant, slight embarrassment surging through her due to her previous suggestion, "Uhm, however."

Rachel nodded, "Thanks."

After another moment, Rachel typed her final word on her computer, before closing it, and standing up from the table. As she stood up, she revealed the black dress she was wearing, before grabbing her purse that was handing on the corner of the chair.

"You finish your essay?" Jennie asked her.

"Nope." The roommate spoke casually, with a shrug of her shoulders, "But who cares? It's Saturday night. I'm not spending it doing my essay. And you don't need to spend it writing and rewriting on those cheap index cards."