013 :: ELLE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTEEN...!

!

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

"DOESN'T look good."

Gideon spoke, as he sat as his desk, with Hotch sitting in front of them, discussing the situation about Elle. According to Aaron, Elle had shot a rapist as self defense, after going to his house to get answers.

Jennie laid on Gideon's couch, with her legs up against the wall, and her back against the bottom cushion, basically laying upside-down. She was also holding up her book, reading from it as the two older men talked.

At first, Hotch and Gideon were going to question why the unusual pose, but then they realized─ it's Jennie. So, they felt it was better not to question it.

"No, let's be honest, we know exactly what it looks like." Hotch spoke, his fingers rubbing his chin.

Gideon slowly nodded, "Elle let emotion get in her way."

"And it goes against everything we stand for."

"So, don't you make the same mistake. She's innocent until proven guilty."

"Yeah."

"I know nobody asked for my opinion─" Jennie began, but her father cut her off, knowing she was going to say something inappropriate.

"Jennie."

"Fine." The teen muttered, "Just saying, I'd fight him in the ring."

"I'll go to Texas, you find Elle." Gideon told the man, ignoring Jennie's comment.

The Unit Chief nodded. He only looked off into space for an extended moment, before turning back to his daughter, "Jennie, I want you to keep trying to call Elle for me. She likes you, she might be more willing to answer."

"You got it, boss." Jennie spoke, giving a small salute, before smiling "Woah, look at me being part of the BAU."

"Jennie─"

"Right. Sorry. This is serious."

The man shook her head, getting up from his seat, making his way to Gideon's doorway, "Come on, JenJen. You're gonna be late for boxing."

───

"This is not an admission of guilt." Elle told the Unit Chief, as she placed her badge and credentials onto his desk.

"Right."

"You know, when I first started this job, the sound of my phone ringing a call from the bureau─ I used to get so excited, the blood with race through my veins. And now─ that same sound paralyzes me. I'm not the same person anymore. That night at Lee's, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have changed a thing."

"Even though you killed someone?"

"I guess that's it then. You know, when I first joined the team, I couldn't figure out why you never smile. And now I think I'm actually going to miss that."

───

       JENNIE had been at practice for a couple hours now.

She was currently working with her instructor, practicing on her defensive boxing techniques.

Soon enough, her instructor's eyes had moved to something behind her. He pointed behind Jennie, which caused the teen to turn around, her eyes landing on Elle.

"Elle?" Jennie spoke up, walking over to her friend, "Ive been trying to call you. W-What are you doing here?"

Elle let her lips tug into a small smile, "I came to say goodbye."

"Goodbye? What─" That's when Jennie went into realization. Elle could see it through her face. "Oh."

Elle then pulled the teen into her embrace, her arms hugging tight around Jennie. The two were silent, but they felt comfort in each other's arms nonetheless.

"I'm going to miss you a lot, JenJen." The woman mumbled over the girl's shoulder.

Jennie stayed silent for a moment, and when she finally spoke up, her words came with a small sniffle, "I'm gonna miss you too."

Elle then slowly pulled away, looking at her favorite teen with a small smile, "If you ever need anything, I'm just a phone call away."

The girl nodded, "Same for you."

And with that, Elle gave Jennie Hotchner's shoulder one last squeeze, before walking out the door, and walking out of the teen's life forever.

AUTHOR'S NOTE. |

i never know what to write here 👎👎

𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍.
665.