040 :: GRADUATION DAY.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER FORTY...!

!

❝ GRADUATION DAY , SEASON EIGHT ❞

GRADUATION DAY.

The day Jennie had been working towards her entire life. The ending to her life's prologue, and the commencement of story; her journey. The last stop between her and her dream. And that whole idea?

Terrifying.

Absolutely, utterly terrifying.

She took the words her Uncle Sean said to her the other night into account — "Don't stress so much" — and let the words jumble in her stomach, tangling into a knot, before ultimately hatching out of their chrysalis to transform into a swarm of butterflies. In short, she had butterflies in her stomach— the very thing Sean didn't want her to have.

Beth and Jack eventually walked up, near the kitchen counter she stood at, sitting in the stools. Their eyes were met with a plethora of cookies, all laying on plates or cooling racks. Jack took one for himself, taking a bite of it, as Beth looked at the girl.

"Stress baking?"

"Mm, no." Jennie shook her head, yet Beth found it rather unconvincing, "Normal baking. Just— normally baking cookies, as one does seven hours and 40 minutes before her college graduation ceremony."

"Yeah, it's the trend nobody's talking about." Beth laughed, taking a cookie for herself, before a pleasantly satisfied look washed over her face when she took a bite, "Oh, your stress tastes good."

"Not stress-baking, but thanks!" Jennie grinned at her dad's girlfriend, transferring a few more cookies from the cooling rack to a plate, "I mean— why would I be stressing? I'm graduating from college today, and will eventually be starting my internship in Texas...if they ever end up accepting my application."