020 :: SPRING BREAK.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWENTY...!

!

❝ SPRING BREAK , SEASON SIX ❞

SIX ❞

      I BELIEVE it was safe to say Jennie Hotchner's spring break hadn't gotten off at a great start.

Spring break— a vacation period for students within the middle of March or April, that usually lasts one or two weeks. However, after the death of Emily Prentiss, Jennie's vacation didn't seem much like a vacation.

"I think about death a lot."

Jennie broke the silence in the room, as Aaron sat next to her at the dining table. It was two days after the funeral of Emily Prentiss, and the man had wanted the two to talk to her about the whole situation.

Now, if he were to tell that to Jennie a year or two ago, she would've immediately declined. The thought of looking her father into the eye, and telling him all of the conflicting emotions she felt would make her grimace.

However, after Haley's death, she came to accept the fact that there were times where she could deal with stuff on her own, and times when she couldn't.

And this, this was one of those times.

Not to mention, he did make the offer a bit more appealing, offering to play a card game, Slap Ace, as they talked. Well, it's traditionally called Slap Jack, but after Jennie's baby brother was born, the name seemed slightly inappropriate.

"Not my own, obviously." Jennie continued, dealing the playing cards, after she saw him furrow his eyebrows, "I mean, seriously, if the world wanted me dead, it would've done something a long time ago. I mean— there were so many chances."

Jennie was about to go on, listing the times she could've died, like the ambulance incident, or Foyet, or even the time last month she almost fell off a ladder (long story). However, she looked at him again, to see his slightly tensed state.