035 :: SNOWFLAKES

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE...!

!

❝ SNOWFLAKES , SEASON EIGHT ❞

JENNIE used to love watching the snowflakes fall.

Around the end of November, Jennie would wake up early to see if there was snow outside. If there was, she'd do either one of two things. One — rush to Jack's room, wake him up, and force him to watch the snow with her. Or two — be too mesmerized by the sight to even move from the window.

Today was different, however.

For starters, Jennie wasn't in Quantico. She resided in her apartment in New York, spending most hours of the day at her desk. Occasionally, she'd look out the window, and see snow slowly descending from the sky. At first, she'd smile softly at the sight. But soon enough, the snowflakes became a constant reminder of something sore.

Within an hour, she couldn't bare the sight of them.

A while had passed, before her negative thoughts about the snowflakes were interrupted, her eyes shooting from the window to the computer screen in front of her, after hearing Grayson call her name.

"Earth to Jennie—?"

When her eyes landed on him, she noticed the awaiting look on his face. He let out a small chuckle at her realization, slightly tilting his head curiously.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, sorry." She told him, know having her attention to the screen in front of her, "I just got distracted. It's finally snowing outside."

"Oh, shit. You love snow." Grayson recalled, before nodding towards her, "Go ahead. Ramble about how pretty it is."

Jennie laughed at his statement, knowing she had told him numerous times about how she had been waiting for it to snow for ages.