009 :: TWO WEEKS INTO TWO HOURS.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER NINE...!

!

❝ SEASON ONE ❞

❝ SEASON ONE ❞

"UGH, will you just cooperate!"

Jennie was having a hard time.

She was currently trying to make her way down the stairs, in time for her father's birthday surprise, which really consisted of her, Haley, and Haley's sister's attempts to put up a banner and balloons the night before.

However, what made her way down the stairs so difficult was her whining baby brother, who was squirming out of her arms.

When she finally got to the last step, she let out an exasperated breath, before making her way to the living room. Once she stepped in, her face quickly fell, seeing her father had already seen the surprise they made for him."I missed it?!"

Haley, her sister, and Aaron all let out a laugh at the disappointed teen, who was obviously having a difficult time with the baby.

"Sorry, JenJen." Haley let out a chuckle, before the phone rang in the kitchen. She left the room to grab it.

"If this monster would've just cooperated for one second─" Jennie shook her head, stopping herself before she said something that could potentially get her grounded.

"It's because you're holding him like a cantaloupe." Jennie's step-aunt told her.

"His head is built like a cantaloupe." Jennie muttered, but her father had caught it.

"Hey." He warned, as Jennie only huffed.

Haley's sister had taken Jack out of her arms, and immediately he had calmed down. Jennie let out an offended scoff, "That's favoritism."

The sister had let out a chuckle, before looking back at Jennie, "You know how you can become his favorite? Go to the store and fetch him some more formula."

With that, she threw Jennie her wallet from her back pocket. Jennie looked down at it, and then back at her step-aunt, before letting out a small groan.