011 :: HER.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER ELEVEN...!

!

❝ HER , SEASON FIVE ❞

❝ HER , SEASON
FIVE ❞

JENNIE had really wished her day was over with. And definitely didn't feel the need to justify that desire. After all, her little brother was put into danger, she found out that a person she thought of as a friend was the son of a serial killer, and that that serial killer had murdered the only mother figure she had in her life— all in the same day.

And the last place Jennie Hotchner wanted to be was back at the BAU.

She sat in Rossi's office, on his couch, staring into space, with a blank expression on her face. Morgan, Rossi, and Prentiss stood outside the room, looking at the girl through the window.

As they all looked at the girl, with worried eyes, JJ and a police officer from a local station had walked up to the group.

"They're bringing Grayson Foyet in."

"Here?" Morgan questioned, "Why not just bring him to a police station?"

The cop, Officer Garner, shook his head, "We tried, but he requested a lawyer"

"Then get him one?" Rossi told him, not understanding why the boy needed to be brought here.

"Thing is, that takes time. If Foyet and Grayson are working together, who's to say how many other secret kids this man has. And knowing their dad is dad, it might cause them to go ballistic."

"So, what do they want us to do about it? Scare him into confessing?" Emily questioned.

"Grayson won't talk to any of us without a lawyer. But I think there is someone he's willing to talk to."

The group followed the officer's eyes, which landed on the teen inside of Rossi's office.

Morgan spoke up first, "Oh c'mon, man, hasn't the poor girl been through enough for one day?"

"Jennie and Grayson had formed some sort of connection before she got put into Witness Protection. Whether it was real, or not, there's a chance that he felt something for her within that period of time." JJ explained to the group. Honestly, she didn't love the idea of Jennie talking to Grayson either, but she understood why the Officer would suggest it.