010 :: MAN AT THE DOOR.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TEN...!

!

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

❝ SEASON TWO ❞

THE FOLLOWING day had gone like any other. Jennie woke up, ate breakfast, and helped Haley with things around the house. It was now getting dark, and Haley sat on the couch, playing with Jack. Jennie sat next to her, studying for her upcoming exam, occasionally giggling at how cute Jack was.

That was all until there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." Jennie spoke, placing her book down, and getting up from the couch. She then walked over to the front door.

As she opened it, she was met by an unfamiliar man.

She had tried looking at him for longer, seeing if she'd be able to recognize him, but he spoke up before she could get a good look, "Give this to Agent Hotchner."

He handed the girl a large, brown envelope. Jennie looked at it, furrowing her eyebrows, "Whatwhat is this"

"He'll know what it is." The man said, "Give it to him soon. A woman's life depends on it."

Jennie's eyes barley had time to process what he said, as her eyes scanned the man before he swiftly left.

Jennie's confusion only grew, as she closed the front door. From the couch, Haley had heard everything.

"Who was that?" The stepmom asked, as Jennie brought it over to the couch.

"I'm not sure." Jennie told her, opening the envelope up, revealing a large paper, covered in numbers.

"What is that?"

"Just a bunch of numbers" Jennie paused, looking closer at the paper, "Kinda looks like a code."

Haley looked at it too, as the two's confusion increased, "We should get it to your dad."

"Yeah" Jennie spoke up, but her eyes didn't look to meet Haley's, only keeping her eyes on the paper.