002 :: THE INVESTIGATION.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWO...!

!

❝ THE INVESTIGATION , SEASON NINE ❞

IT WAS A NEW DAY, when Jennie walked into work with a coffee cup in her hand. Ever since she first had it, when she was 14, the drink was a number one necessity in her life. Consequently, she needed to find her new go-to coffee shop near Briscoe.

She made her way to her desk, while patting down the small wrinkle in her beige uniform. She felt so...official. She had her badge, her black tactical shoes, she even had been given her department service gun that she placed in her desk drawer. She was still processing it. Still processing she legally owned a gun. The only time she had used one was for mandated training during the academy.

Her life was moving fast. It felt like just yesterday, she was back in Quantico, teaching Jack to play soccer. Now she was here.

These, rather bittersweet, thoughts roamed in her head for a moment, as she logged into her computer. Before she could make any progress in her paperwork, her gaze immediately shot up when she heard someone knock on her desk.

She looked up to see Sheriff Coleman.

"Ready for your first case?" He asked, a small smile forming when he saw Jennie's eyes light up immediately, "Briefing room. Two minutes."

Jennie nodded, composing herself. That is, until the Sheriff walked away, and her face broke out into a smile, letting out a squeal. Subsequently, she gathered her notepad and a pen, and made her way to the briefing room.

She met the faces of a group of officers, including Owen, Marty, and Vicky. She still hadn't fought off the intimidated feeling she'd gain from them after meeting their eyes, but she could only hope it'd wear off soon.

Owen was a smartass. She learned that very early on. She didn't care really, especially because she was too. Although, his jokes can be a bit off putting at times.