006 :: TRIGONOMETRY

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER SIX...!

!

❝ SEASON ONE ❞

❝ SEASON ONE ❞

JENNIE sat at her kitchen table, working on her schoolwork, as Haley and her father sat next to her, eating their lunch.

"C'mon, JenJen. Can't you put the books away for one second? We're supposed to be going Christmas shopping today." Haley asked her step-daughter, who had her nose crammed into her textbooks.

"Sorry, Haley. But I have an exam tomorrow. And trigonometry is not the easiest thing to cram into your brain five minutes before a test." Jennie spoke, her eyes never leaving her textbook.

"Trigonometry? " Haley questioned, genuinely confused.

Aaron looked at his wife, a small proud smile on his lips? "Jennie skipped a couple of grades. Learning as a sophomore now. "

"And taking a college course." Jennie added, with a smile, popping one of the grapes she was eating from her bowl in her mouth, "Just one of the many perks of being homeschooled."

The man let out a soft chuckle at the girl, before looking back at his wife, lowering his voice slightly, "I thought you knew that?"

Haley's eyes widened, blush washing over her cheeks due to embarrassment, before clearing her throat, "Right. Yeah, sorry, I─ forgot."

She began to get up, grabbing both her and Aaron's plate, and placing them in the sink, "So─ do you need to the campus tomorrow, then? For the test?"

That was the case for every exam Jennie had. She was required to go to the actual, in-person school campus, to make sure she was supervised while taking her exam.

"Yeah. Dad's going to take me before work tomorrow." Jennie spoke, closing her books, "Stupid supervision rule, they can't trust me to take the test in the comfort of my old home."

As the teen let out a tsk, Aaron turned to her, "Didn't I catch you using a calculator for one of your assignments last week?"

As the father looked at his daughter, with a raised brow, she only remained silent. That caused a chuckle to fall from Haley's lips.

Jennie was quick to change the subject after that, "Maybe we can go Christmas shopping another time, Haley."

And with that, she gave the two a smile, before heading upstairs, and into her room.

───

           A FEW DAYS had passed since Jennie took the exam. She had practically forgotten she had taken it. She was now sitting with Gideon in his office, waiting for the rest of the team to come back to Quantico from where they were at for a case.

Gideon had told her about his list about things he wants to do when he dies, which inspired her to make one as well.

That was until the two heard a knock at the door, looking up to see Aaron walking into the office.

Jennie's face brightened, a wide smile forming on her lips, "Dad!"

The man smiled at his daughter, walking over to give her a side hug so she could remain in the seat she was sitting in "Hey, JenJen."

He then walked near Gideon, placing a box down, "I believe these are yours." His eyes then traveled to see Gideon's crutches leaning against Jennie's chair "I knew the crutches wouldn't last long."

Jason had tried skydiving during the weekend, to mark off another thing on his list of stuff he wants to do before he dies.

Hence the crutches, it didn't end too well.

"Ah, I'd rather limp. I'll be fine." Gideon brushed it off, "Besides, Jennie had a fun time playing with them earlier."

"Well, you managed to get on Garcia's nerves pretty thoroughly." Hotch joked, going over to sit on the arm of the chair his daughter was sitting in.

"Who's Garcia?"

"Penelope? The tech with the glasses."

"She's in the room with the screen." Jennie looked up from her paper, informing Agent Gideon.

"Oh-" Gideon came to the realization, shrugging "She's great."

"Yeah, you might wanna- send her a basket or something." Hotch suggested, his mind traveling back to a couple minutes ago where he saw Penelope complaining about how much of a pain the older man had been.

Gideon looked at the man, then turned to Jennie, using his tilted head and his expression to communicate.

Jennie only shook her head, "Yeah, yeah. I'll make the basket and put your signature on it or something."

Gideon have her a thankful look, while Hotch let out a small chuckle, shaking his head. He then turned back to his superior, "That your list?"

Gideon looked down at the piece of paper in his hands, sighing, "Yeah. 25 things I want to do before I die. I got Jennie to make one too."

The teen smiled, lifting up her piece of paper to show her father. Aaron gave his daughter a soft smile, taking the paper from her hands, his eyebrows then furrowing when he saw the things on her list, "Ride an elephant in Thailand? Climb Mount Fuji? Get kicked in the stomach by a kangaroo in an Australian Safari?"

"I dream big." Jennie shrugged, her lips holding a grin as she took her piece of paper back from her father.

"Okay, let's get you home." Hotch told her, placing his hand on her back to lead her out the door, "And we get home, you can tell me all about your trigonometry exam." He pretended to gasp, knowing that was the last thing Jennie wanted to do.

"Oh, fun." Jennie spoke sarcastically, making her way to the door. Before turning back, she gave the older man a smile and wave, "Goodnight, Agent Gideon. Good luck on completing your list."

Gideon gave her a nod, and the two walked out of the room.

AUTHOR'S NOTE. |

pls mind i have no idea how the american school system works therefore i have no idea if sophomores learn trigonometry 😪 google says they do so!!!!

𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽 𝖼𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗍.
979.