002 :: SAFE SECRETS.

─── RUNAWAY
CHAPTER TWO...!

!

❝ SEASON ONE , EPISODE TWO  ❞

❝ SEASON ONE , EPISODE TWO ❞

THE TEEN GIRL sat on a stool across from Spencer, as the two were seated near his desk, playing chess.

"And─ check." Jennie moved a black piece, a proud smile formed on her lips, "Checkmate in three whole moves."

Spencer looked down at the board, his eyes widening, and his eyebrows furrowing with confusion, "What?!"

Derek Morgan was seated at his own desk, watching the two play in amusement, before teasing his colleague, "You know, you'll beat her when you start learning."

"Learning what?"

"To think outside the box." The man replied, a playful smirk creeping up on his lips as he extended his hand to high-five Jennie, which she gladly did.

The girl laughed, before turning back to Spencer, "Another round?"

Before the man could answer, a woman walked into the room, "Question for you."

"Shoot."

"The Footpath Killer─ why did he stutter?" The woman asked, walking over to the desk in front of Spencer and Jennie, leaning against it.

"Come on, Elle, we've all asked him, and he won't say." Derek leaned in his chair, referring to Gideon.

Jennie looked at the group, before looking back at the chess board, moving a piece while furrowing her eyebrows "You guys haven't figured that out yet?"

"Wh─ you know?" Spencer asked, his tone shocked.

Elle cocked her head towards Jennie, giving Derek a confused look. The man then spoke, introducing the two "Elle, this is Jennie, Hotch's daughter. JenJen, this is Elle Greenaway. She just joined the BAU."

Jennie gave the woman a wave, accompanied by a soft smile. Elle returned the smile, but it was quickly washed over with a questioning look, "Wait, so you know why they have a stutter? Why is it?"