003 :: RATS AND HEART-ATTACKS.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THREE...!

!

❝ RATS AND HEART-ATTACKS  , SEASON NINE ❞

       THAT AFTERNOON, the team was back at the precinct, as Sheriff Coleman, Owen, Marty, and Jennie were in the briefing room. Jennie had drawn out all the relevant case details on the board.

"So, what we know is this guy is somewhat trained in what he's doing, or at least has spent a prolonged time in preparation, as he successful stole the highest bidding artifacts in the museum." Jennie explained to the group, "And we know he's most likely a drug addict, from the fallen
Raloxifene that CSI found."

"And, not to mention—" The Sheriff began, "Janitor Allen Williams found dead in a supply closet."

"So, in short..." Owen began, "We don't have a single lead."

"We'll find one." Jennie replied, with a nod. Owen only scoffed.

Just then, Vicky walked in with a set of papers.

"M.E. reports say the Janitor died of a heart attack." Vicky told the group, handing the papers to the Sheriff.

"Heart attack?" Jennie repeated.

Vick nodded, "There was a breakdown of the vessels that supplied the blood to his heart."

"The examiner didn't rule out anything else?" Jennie questioned, as the Sheriff handed her the M.E. reports to look over.

"Kid, why are you trying to overcomplicate it?" Owen asked her, "The man died from a heart attack, that ain't that uncommon. If that's what the medical examiner says, then it is what it is."

Jennie had tuned the man out a while ago, her eyes focused on the reports in her hands.

"No, she has something racking on her brain." Marty watched her, "Just give her a second."