031 :: NOW OR NEVER.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE...!

!

❝ NOW OR NEVER , SEASON SEVEN ❞

SEVEN ❞

"Ask me again."

". . .What?"

"Ask me."

"Jennifer Jareau, will you marry me?"

       THE SOUND of the monitor beeping consistently aired through the hospital room.

Well. . . it wasn't really a room, per se. Jennie was sat on a stiff bed behind a blue curtain, waiting to be discharged from the ER. After her very long day, involving explosions and gunmen, she finally found some solace in the quiet space after her wounds were patched up.

Her father had the room left a few moments prior to discuss some things with the doctor. Jennie sunk into her hospital bed sheets, as she picked at her nails, alone with her own thoughts. A silence spread. A long, thick silence.

"Jennie?"

Until she heard that voice.

His voice.

The curtain in front of her was pulled open, revealing a face that only brought warmth and relief to wash over her. His hair, his eyes, his presence bringing a sense of exultation upon her.

"Grayson." She exhaled heavily as her face immediately lit up, not wasting a second to sit up, and be pulled into his embrace.

"Jennie— Oh my God." His voice whimpered, as he buried his face into the girl's shoulder.

The couple stayed in each other's arms for an extended moment. His hands tangled in her hair, as his heavy breathing hit her skin. The girl's arms were coiled around her neck, while his were around her waist, holding each other tightly.