038 :: NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT...!

!

❝ NOT GOING ANYWHERE , SEASON EIGHT ❞

WHEN Jennie flew back to Quantico to spend a couple days at home for her birthday, the word quickly got out about the recent loss of Spencer's girlfriend, Maeve.

From the night he watched her die, Spencer Reid locked himself in his apartment, adamantly refusing interacting with anyone, despite the team's attempts.

Not even when JJ and Penelope stood outside his door one morning, sighing as they were met with silence after ringing his doorbell.

"Is he ever going to be okay?" Penelope asked, softly, with concern.

JJ paused for a brief moment, before nodding, "Eventually. And he knows we're all here for him, no matter what. Come on."

Penelope sighed, as the two began to walk down the stairs of the apartment complex, beginning to head their way to work, "Okay."

After the two left, there was a nearly two minute duration, in which Spencer Reid was left alone, with no one on the outside of his apartment. He sat on the ground, his back to door, allowing his thoughts and mind to race. However, soon enough, he could hear footsteps come up the stairs again.

"Oh, Garcia left another basket. Nuts. Cute." Jennie observed, looking at the numerous gifts beneath, before pushing it to the side so she could sit on the floor. She sat against the door, right where she assumed Spencer was on the opposite side.

Jennie arrived in Quantico three days prior, on Saturday. She landed at 5pm, she found out about the tragic news about Maeve at 7pm, and drove to Spencer's house at 7:15pm. That first day, she spent the night outside Spencer's apartment, and refused to leave until 4pm on Sunday. Most of the time spent was spent in silence, or a bit of sniffling that Jennie could hear on the other side of the door.

But despite the lack of communication, Jennie needed Spencer to know that someone was present. And that whenever he would finally feel like talking, she would be right there.