004 :: FAINT MOMENT OF DOUBT.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER FOUR...!

!

❝ FAINT MOMENT OF DOUBT  , SEASON NINE ❞

       IT HAD BEEN nearly three months since Jennie joined Briscoe PD, and she seemed to have been fitting in quite decently. She had a fine relationship with the people on her team, but she didn't know if they were close enough to consider friends.

She still felt the need to prove herself a lot of the time, and she wasn't really part of the inner circle yet. She'd sometimes find the trio of Owen, Marty, and Vicky laughing and talking in the precinct kitchen, and then seeing their faces immediately fall when the Sheriff would walk up to them. She'd also noticed the subtle remarks from some of the officers at Briscoe PD — ( not necessarily from the trio, but from other deputies that she didn't know that well ) — where they'd often questioned her abilities, or displayed disrespect.

But eventually, she just learned to ignore them.

One morning, sitting at her desk, she placed a plastic bag on her desk. Subsequently, she reached into the bag, pulling out the picture frame she brought from home.

She placed it on the corner of her desk, the image of her dad and Jack smiling back at her.

She sighed, letting the corners of her mouth curve up.

Now, it felt somewhat like home.

"So, the anger about that is the stressor that builds up over the years."  JJ spoke, as the team briefed their recent case at the round table, "Last night, he decided to do something about it."

"This could be vengeance for taking his daughter away." Spencer suggested.

Rossi shook his head, "It's revenge against the mother, he'll either hurt Samantha or disappear with her."