005 :: THE UNSOLVABLE CASE OF JENNIE HOTCHNER.

RUNAWAY
CHAPTER FIVE...!

!

❝ THE UNSOLVABLE CASE OF JENNIE HOTCHNER  , SEASON NINE ❞

       NOT to toot his own horn or anything, but Sheriff Coleman found himself to be a damn good detective.

With nearly thirteen years on the force, a great number of solved cases, and has brought safety to hundreds of citizens. His short time at Briscoe PD has been spent trying to improve the precinct, and establish trust between police and the community. He considered himself to be good at what he does.

However, there was one case he couldn't seem to solve.

The case of why Jennie Hotchner worked so much.

It seriously stumped him. Not only was the girl the first person to arrive at the precinct in the mornings, but she was also the last person to leave during the evenings. She would finish her paperwork at an adequate speed, sometimes finishing it quicker than everyone else. And yet, she still found a way to keep working. Old cases, new cases, cold cases— you name it, it was as if it was her life's mission to be the last person to leave the precinct.

"Sheriff?"

One night, he saw her enter his office. The time was approaching 6pm, and most of the other officers had gone home.

"Hotchner, you're still here?"

"Yeah, I had to file minutes from today's briefing." Jennie told him.

"No, you didn't."

Jennie cleared her throat, knowing the man was right, "No, I didn't. But I wanted to. Plus, everyone seems to appreciate it when I do."

"Hotchner," Coleman sighed, motioning towards the seats in front of him, "Sit down."

Jennie quickly obliged, taking a seat in front of the Sheriff, "It really isn't that big of a deal. I finished all my other paperwork if that's what you're concerned about."