~1~

Kai's pov.

It was another lonely morning. I woke up from my sleeping position which basically looked like sitting in a tree. Well I was sleeping in a tree so what am I complaining about.

I looked down to see if there were any Z's. Nope all clear. I got my stuff and jumped down.

I strapped down my throwing knives to my right tigh. I had a machette attached to my belt loop of my cargo pants. I had a backpack full of food, water, other guns and knives. I also had a sniper rifle with me.

Since I was raised by my dad who was in military I knew how to use these. I spent most of my free time practicing with him.

Before this Z shit started he went on a business trip. He never made it back.

After I was done packing I started walking. Once I got out of the forest where I slept I walked out on the road.

Now that aint a really smart move there but I didn't see any Z's so I should be safe.

I walked several miles under the hot sun that felt like only to get hotter and hotter untill I came across a refinery.

I thought that there would be no one and I could go rest in a shadow somewhere there untill I saw a huge blast.

Looks like someone or something was there. I knew Z's couldn't make anything blow up so it must be alive. And the sound sure does attract hella zombies. So whoever was there must be in trouble.

"Looks like I will be saving omeones ass today" I sighed as I started to run towards the place where the blast went off.

There were 8 people there fighting off Z's. Thats a big group of people tho. I noticed the crowd of zombies that were heading towards them. Alright do your thing Kai. Just like you have done before.

Once all the zombies were killed I took off to get back to the road. Before I got there I heard a car stop beside me. I looked over and the window rolled down revealing an old hippie looking man.

"Man you saved us. Thank you." He said and I just nodded. I felt someone staring at me.

The old hippie asked me where I was heading and I just shrugged my shoulders.

"Alright come with us we could use another sharp eye" he said with a little laugh. I thought for a second and decided that I needed some kind of comunication or else I would go nuts.

I hopped in the back of the truck and there was a boy. Maybe one, maybe two years older than me. He was staring at my eye, where I had two scars right across my left eye.

"Stop staring at my scars." I said and he looked away. I hit the truck's roof letting the hippie know im settled.

10K's pov.

I heard a blast go off. Shit, shit, shit. I knew my new team was in danger. I quickly found an empty room that had no window. I looked down and there it was: a crowd of Z's attacking my team.

I took out my slingshot and right as I was about to shoot I heard gunshots.

There was a girl helping them. She shot them all and my team was saved. The team started to pack so I quickly grabbed what I had and ran back to them. Luckily i made it in time otherwise I would be left here at this shit hole.

We stopped by that girl I saw earlier. She was hot. She had her hair up in a high ponytail, she had two scars across her left blue eye. She was wearing a similar outfit as I was. She had a machette strapped to her pants just like Warren and I noticed her throwing knives. They were strapped in the usual spot - tigh. She had a backpack and a sniper rifle like I did.

I was staring at her. Doc asked her a few things and she was quiet all the time. I wonder how her voice sounded.

After the moment of both Doc and the girl being quiet she hopped in the back. I was still staring at her eye.

Where and how did she get those scars? I thought to myself as I heard her say "stop staring at my scars."

Her voice was low, calm and she seemed to be mad? I couldn't really tell.

She hit the roof of the car and Doc started driving again.

I liked the new girl. I wonder what her name is.