~59~

The boat in this chapter is much bigger than the one they had in the series.

10k's POV

We had walked a lot. If I'm not wrong we are in Mississippi. The view was enjoyable but on the long walk it got bring overtime.

We were walking along a road near a river. The way the slight waves glistened in the sun made me remember the good old days when me and my dad would go fishing. Just us two with our fishing equipment on a boat.

I sure do miss him loads. I got to reach 10 thousand Z kills for him. I promise I will. For dad and Kai.

We reached a spot where you could easily reach the river with a boat. In fact one stood docked.

3rd person

[Warren] "We'll move faster on river than foot." She said as everyone approached the boat.

[Vasquez] "We can take this south to Memphis and then head west." He suggested and no one besides Murphy whining answered.

[Murphy] "Can't we find another one?" He whined again.

[Warren] "No." Replied to Murphy as she grew more annoyed from the summer heat.

Everyone was making their way on the boat and helped out others with their stuff.

[Kai] "How 'bout ya help us out eh?" She said to Murphy in a sarcastic tone adding an accent.

[Murphy] "No." He replied to Kai's question and went back to being himself. He was still mad at both youngest people in the group for killing Cassandra. Kai just rolled her eyes and went back to getting everyone and everything settled on the boat.

[Murphy] "By the way, I can't swim." He said that out loud and watched everyone for their responses as it was his turn to get on the boat.

[Kai] "Well good maybe you'd drown." She said sarcastically again. The look that Murphy gave her would straight up burn a hole trough her soul.

[Doc] "I would say good burn Kai but that was too harsh."

[Kai] "And...What does it have to do with me?"

[Doc] "You should apologize." He said to the girl in hopes she would. Oh how wrong he was!

[Kai] "Alright...Mister Murphy...I am deeply no..." Before she could finish her apology a hand covered her mouth to prevent her from speaking.

[10k] "Don't." He whispered in Kai's ear. She squirmed under his grip and bit his hand as hard as he could.

10k's face pulled a grimace of pain but he refused to let go. That made Kai even more angrier. She started to squirm even more so 10k had to hold her back with both hands. Doc whistled for Warren to come and calm her down.

[Warren] "Why is it always you who gets in trouble?" She asked both Murphy and Kai. Murphy just shrugged his shoulders but Kai couldn't even move or speak. Instead of speaking she just sent everyone her one eyed glare.

[10k] "I'll let you go now alright?" He said to the girl he held firmly. She didn't answer so he assumed that she had calmed down. He slowly released her and she waited until she was fully released.

Once she was free she picked up her bag that Doc handed her and turned around to go sit somewhere. On the way she purposely bumped into anyone who was in her way. No one dared to even say a thing.

Murphy's POV. (rarest thing possible but I promise more other people pov's are coming)

I watched as Kai practically grabbed her bag out of Doc's hands and stomped off bumping into everyone. It looked like she was doing it on purpose.

I might have overstepped the line. I do care for her but what both younglings did to Cass wasn't right. I forgive them though. They had to survive.

Once I was on the boat I went to find a spot to sit in. It was in the very end of the boat. Everyone took their seats and before we could start the boat we all heard a noise.

Not unusual for the apocalypse but this one was coming from somewhere near us. Those who had guns pulled those out, meanwhile those who didn't, that would be me, stood behind everyone and used them as a shield. Smart right?

They slowly walked towards where the noise came from. Me being one of the smart people I stayed a good distance off them and watched them.

Kai's POV.

After I pushed past everyone I found a pretty sunny spot on the roof of the boat. I decided to just lay there, maybe sunbathe and clear my mind.

Whatever I said earlier wasn't true but there was simply no way I was apologizing. I mean 10k and Doc were right, I shouldn't have said it. I still am mad at Prince Murphy for being mad at me and 10k for finishing off Cass but that simply wasn't her anymore.

She was a puppet of Murphy. It was all because of the bite.

Wait...

If he bit her and he could control her after that, then that must mean that his saliva caused it. I don't believe that his bite alone could control people. So his saliva must be why. I should be careful to avoid his spit.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by everyone moving on the boat. Usually only one person would be walking around but now everyone was on the move.

It must be another of their dumb reasons so I just laid there and enjoyed the sun.

It had gotten warmer so I took off the shirt I had stolen from someone on the way here. There was some yelling going on on the boat but I was still mad at them so I decided to keep laying on the roof and catch some tan.

*Time skip*

I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up someone was sitting next to me on the roof. It was 10k.

"Enjoyed staring at me creep?" I asked him as I sat up. He looked at me like I just backstabbed him.

"What if I did?" He replied with a smirk. I gigged and slightly pushed his shoulder. That made him crack a smile.

"How's your eye?" He asked to keep the conversation going. I was curious about it myself since I haven't found a single piece of a mirror.

I took off the eyepatch and turned to face him. He leaned a bit closer to inspect it. as he did so he was in the way of the sun so he grabbed my chin between his thumb and pointer finger, and turned it towards the sun meanwhile he got out of the way.

He slightly touched the cut which had a scab forming on it now. His touch didn't hurt. It was mostly his rough fingers going along the border of the skin and the forming scab.

Once he was done inspecting it he leaned in and gave a quick peck right on the lips. Once he pulled away we both were smiling.

"It's healing well. Is it itchy?" He asked me.

"A bit. Thanks!" I replied and he just smiled. 

Slight wind was blowing so I decided to put my shirt back on. After I was done an unknown male voice spoke up.

"The young boy disappeared. Are y'all right he is fine?"  raspy male voice spoke from below the roof.

"Who's that?" I asked him in confusion.

"The owner of this fracking boat." He replied. I just nodded and rested my head on his shoulder to rest.

I'm back to writing for you all. My schedule isn't consistent yet so I'll try to update whenever I can. Thank you for 5,3k reads I love each and every of you <3

Kat<3