~60~

Kai's POV.

We have been on the boat for hours. I was now standing in the very front of the boat just zoning in and out of my thoughts. It was all nice until I heard water splashing and Doc's voice.

"Hey, I think I know those dudes!" The good old man yelled. I turned my head and there were two pretty old guys in a row boat. One of them wore a suit with a top hat. He looked like he was high most of the time.

Meanwhile the guy in the back looked to be more thin and wore clothes that were a bit torn up. In the boat also were a lot of briefcases and bags full of things. I was now curious.

"Sketchy and Skeezy?" Someone said. I guess they were pretty well known. I knew I'd seen them somewhere but they looked different.

I decided to ignore them and just go look for a spot to sit in.

I decided to sit in a chair but unfortunately the only one left was next to Murphy. I sighed and went to sit down.

I plopped down on the chair and the sound caught 10k's attention. The sun was a bit blinding so using our whisper code I asked if he has something to use to cover my eyes with. He shook his shoulders and untied his bandana.

It wasn't much but it was at least something. I got up and walked over to get it. I took it out of his hand and right as I was going to turn around he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"And the magic words are?" He asked while smirking. I rolled my eyes and bend down to his ear.

"Keep dreaming handsome." I whispered and before straightened up I grabbed his chin and turned his face to kiss him. As our lips met his hand snaked to the back of my head.

"Are you done showing PDA? Get a room." Murphy spoke from his seat. I straightened my back and sent him a glare as I walked back to the seat next to him.

I sat back down as I tied the bandana around my head and pulled it lower so that it was covering my eyes. It was a bit uncomfortable so I came up with an idea on how to get more comfortable and to annoy someone at the same time.

I propped up my feet in Murphy's lap and got in a more comfortable position. I could feel the infamous Murphy's glare burning in my forehead but I couldn't care less. I even dared to cross my arms and smirk to let him know that my goal is achieved.

"Y'know. I could throw you off the boat right now..." Murphy started his sentence but before he could answer I pulled out a swiss knife that were stored in the pocket of my pants. I flicked it open and pointed in his direction. I threw it up in the air and caught it in the other hand perfectly.

"Or maybe I won't..." He said in a low voice. I folded the swiss knife and placed it on my chest and lightly smiled. I liked to annoy Murphy because he and Doc were becoming like my fathers. I'd annoy Doc too but he's too soft and too easy to annoy.

*time skip*

"And who is this dude?" An unknown voice spoke up. I didn't know who the person was talking to so I stayed in the position like I was. That was until someone poked my cheek.

I pulled up my bandana to my forehead and immediately got blinded. I squeezed my eye shut and sat up. Once I was facing away from the sun which was now shining on our backs I opened my eye again to see who the unknown person is.

It was one of the new dudes.

"Magnificent scar young man. What's the story?" The guy with the top hat and the suit asked me. I was gonna trick these dudes into thinking that I'm a guy. I did finally remember who they were but looked like they didn't recognize me.

"Long story short. My eye got slapped into the backrooms." I said not even putting any effort to change my voice since it already was pretty low for a woman.

Both Sketchy and Skeezy looked at each other in awe. (I still can't tell Sketchy and Skeezy apart so I might mess up.)

"Who did it?" The thinner guy asked. I smirked but before I could even answer 10k interupted.

"C'mon Kai. Help me clean the weapons." He asked. He looked like he was going to burst out laughing. I nodded and turned my attention back to both Sketchy and Skeezy.

"Sorry guys. When love calls gotta answer." I saluted with my pointer and middle finger to both of them and got up. As I was walking away I heard them speak.

"Wait is that kid gay?" One of them asked. Murphy cheekily agreed so I assumed that he was onto my trick.

Once I was around the corner with 10k he chuckled.

"What?" I said as I smiled. He kept giggling.

"Did you really trick them?" He asked as his giggle turned into an actual laugh. I giggled and shrugged my shoulders. In this apocalypse you gotta have fun somehow.

We decided to go tell about it to Addy and Warren. Even they thought it was funny. Doc was quite disappointed that his good ol' friends were that dumb. Meanwhile dad was too busy to even listen.

"Oh by the way here is your bandana." I said to 10k as I took it off my head without even untying it. He looked at it and then back at me. He took it from my hands and untied it. I thought that he'd tie it around his head but instead he tied it around mine.

Once he had the bandana tied I looked at him in confusion. I knew it was his favorite so why'd he do that?

"Why? It's yours." I told him and he just smiled.

"It fits you better." He simply said. I smiled at him and I quickly went over my stuff to figure out on what to give him as a gift too.

I had an idea so I told him to stay where he was and not to move while I went back to look for my backpack. It was next to my seat in the back of the boat. I quickly walked up to it and took out my handgun.

As I did so Sketchy and Skeezy who were now talking with Doc flinched by me turning on the gun's safety.

"Kid what are you up to?" Doc asked quite intrigued in my actions. I looked at him and just smiled while I took out the magazine and took out one bullet. Doc was now getting more interested as he dropped his conversation to see what I was going to do.

"Hey good old man you know how to empty a bullet from the gunpowder?" I asked him since I didn't know how to do it.

"Why yes I do. I can even teach you. Just why you need that?" He asked me in slight suspicion. I looked around and motioned for him to come closer. Once he did that I spoke quietly.

"I want to make 10k a gift. Can you help me out?" I asked him and he just nodded.

We both quickly got all the tools we need and started. Firstly Doc taught me how to get the gunpowder out of the bullet so it doesn't explode. Then he helped me carve mine and 10k's initials on the bullet and attach it to a small chain.

I thanked Doc and rushed to find 10k. He was now talking with Warren so I decided to just walk up to him.

"Hey 10k." I said while I stood directly behind him. He instantly turned around and snaked his hands around my waist.

He didn't even say anything so I just gently placed the new necklace around his neck. He was a bit confused about why I was giving him a bullet.

"Take a closer look." I said with a small smile. He did so and once he found the carving his face lit up instantly. He pulled me in a hug and he gently kissed the top of my head. That got out an actual laugh out of me and we just stood there hugging each other up until...

A cliffhanger...sorry :)

Kat:)