~17~

3rd person.

Once both kids were registered they went to the place where the contest will take place. There were already a lot of people so they should squeeze trough but Kai had a better idea.

She took out one of her handguns from her bag, aimed at the sky and shot. Everyone looked at her and parted in two different crowds making a path for her and her team. They all were scared of her because she looked like a gangster.

Kai just went trough the crowd with a smirk. She walked like a queen around her peasants. A lot of men had their eyes on her and a lot of women gave her dirty looks but she didn't care. 

As Kai lead the rest of her team to the table where the shooters had to take a place at Doc was surprised at her actions. He didn't know that she would do that because she usually liked to have a low profile.

Kai's pov.

After I walked trough the crowd and gave Cass my bag with a smile. While me and her talked by the truck she knew there would be a kind of big crowd so she suggested that this is how I should make our entrance. I liked her idea so I did it. Thank you for the idea Cass.

Once we were all settled Sketchy explained the rules and what the winner gets we were ready to start. I loaded my sniper and was ready to shoot. I looked to the left of me where 10k was loading up his sniper. He looked back at me and  I gave him a smile which he returned.

"All right, this first round takes place 100 yards out." I heard Sketchy yell out and then after that an ice cream truck started to drive and there were a few Z's following it.

"When I announce the target Z, you aim. When I say fire, you shoot." I got ready to compete. I knew I had some good chances.

The crowd cheered and we were ready to shoot. The first target was a hippie with long hair. I immediately thought of Doc but he was still human. I tried so hard to not laugh and I aimed at the Z.

"FIRE!" I heard Sketchy yell and I shot the Z in the heart. I decided to not show my skills just yet.

Someone had shot a completely different Z and I wondered how the fuck do you manage that when the target is clearly announced.

A guy called Voorhees was out. Our next target was a hipster with sweatpants. I aimed at him and shot after the word 'fire' was yelled out. I shot him in his neck this time.

After a few rounds there were only 4 people left. There was a girl that looked our age, a man in his forties and there was me and 10k.

Then we heard screams coming from the area where the parking lot was so Sketchy sent some men to see what was going on. Doc decided to go check it out too just in case it isn't Murphy's fault.

After he left the competition still was on. In the next round the old guy was out. Now it was only me, 10k and the girl.

I used one of our whistle signals to tell 10k to distract her somehow. I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to talk. 10k took a second to understand but he remembered what it meant.

3rd person.

[10k] "My name's 10 thousand." He said to the girl. She didn't answer at first but after some good 5 minutes the boy received an answer.

[???] "Why is your name ten thousand?"

10k just looked trough his scope as the next target was announced.

[10k] "It's how many zombies I'm going to kill."

 There was an awkward moment of silence before the word to shoot was shouted and they all shot. For the first time ever 10k had missed and he was announced to be out.

He looked confused and disappointed. He just got up from the table and picked his stuff up. Doc and Cassandra comforted him and also cheered up for Kai.

Then the contest was interrupted because the Z's had overrun the yard so they needed to shoot some of them in order to continue.

As there were less zombies now the contest could continue on. Some people had placed bets. Kai had done a good job on keeping a look that she doesn't have that mad skills as she actually does so now its the time.

As the target Z was announced both girls aimed and was ready to shoot. And as they got the permission to shoot Kai's reaction didn't let her down. She fired first and the bullet went trough her signature spot: directly between the eyes.

The other girl had fired a bit above where Kai had shot. Sketchy called it a tie and everyone cheered.

Then next moment was shocking to some people at the competition. The Ice-cream truck's driver had gotten stuck and some Z's that were following were now feasting on the driver.

The next target for their competition was the guy. After the target and the word 'fire' was announced Kai took the initial shot and she won.

The other girl looked disappointed but Kai finally spoke up and congratulated her for making it that far. The girl at the beginning didn't want to accept it but before Kai left she said a thank you and hugged Kai.

Kai was surprised but returned the hug. They both pulled apart and went to get their prizes. Once they got them they went back to the parking lot but they found a lot of cars already gone.

The girl said a quick goodbye and went to find her dad leaving the rest to find Murphy and Warren. As they went to put their stuff in the truck some Z's were attacking them but the team was overpowered by them.

Suddenly someone shot the remaining Z's and turned out that it was the girl from before except now she was with her dad.

Before they left Kai took the gun she won and gave it to the girl telling that she already has a sniper and that it would be useless so she can have it.

As the girl took the gun and left Murphy and Warren had showed up and the team was ready to leave.