~24~

Today another double update. Sorry </3

Kai's pov.

I was walking behind the golf cart since the reactor. 10k and Homer had managed to shut it down but only one of them made it out. If you guessed Homer then you're wrong. Only 10k had made it back safely.

He was sad about losing Homer and so was I but I tried comforting him. I tried giving him a hug but he pushed me away. Literally

After that I haven't spoke to anyone except when I told Warren I'll walk behind the cart. That's how I ended in this situation.

I didn't notice that I had zoned out until I walked up to the cart that had now stopped. I snapped back out of my thoughts and looked around.

Warren had hopped out and tried to see what had happened to it. I walked up to it and without me even asking what was wrong she explained.

"It just died. I couldn't manage to get it running." She said while looking at me. I was looking at the ground but I knew that she was looking at me.

I knew what had happened instantly. The battery had died. I walked to the back of the cart where 10k Doc and Cass were sitting.

I didn't even look at them but they all jumped out of the cart. All except 10k. I looked at him and saw that he was staring at me. I raised a brow at him and he broke the eye contact and jumped out. Once he got out I could take a full look on the supplies in the back.

There were some trash too but once I found what I was looking for somehow joy filled me. It was probably because I knew that we could keep moving again and I won't  have any contact with the team.

What I grabbed was a battery. It was the last one so I hoped that it will still have enough power to keep them going until we find a better vehicle. I walked back to the front where Warren had realized what was wrong and already took out the old battery and was now waiting on me with the new battery. I handed it to her and already took off.

She said a quick thanks but I didn't bother replying. Instead I just walked to the driver's side and looked for the phone.

I figured that Citizen was the only teammate I didn't know much about so I could get some kind of a conversation with him.

Once I found it in Murphy's hands I looked at him. he was distracted by it but once he realized I was standing there he looked back at me. I held out a hand for him to give me the phone but he pulled in further away. Really dude? I thought we were a team.

I gave him a small smile and spoke up for the first time in a while.

"You know I could use your throat as dental floss. Unless you hand it over. So what's it gonna be?" I was staring back at him now. I noticed that he had gotten uncomfortable and it somehow made me feel better about before.

Call me weird and crazy but making people feel uncomfortable was relaxing to me.

"I thought your insane acting had ended a while ago." He said with slightly trembling voice.

I grinned a bit wider and pulled out one of my throwing knives with one hand while the other was still out just in case he changed his mind.

I saw that his face was now filling with fear and it just made me smile more. Once the throwing knife was loosely resting in my hand by my side he looked back into my eyes.

"You clearly are insane." He said as he handed me the phone. Once I received the phone I spat out a thanks and turned around to leave him. Instead I almost ran into Warren. She looked terrified but still she didn't say anything. Was I really going insane?

I smiled at her a meaningless smile and walked past her. I felt a lot of eyes follow me but I ignored it. I giggled quietly and just kept walking. I stopped once there was a distance between me and the rest of the team that pleased me.

I tried calling Citizen Z but nothing came trough. Stupid apocalypse nothing works anymore.

Once I heard the cart start up again I looked back at it. The team was already in it ready to go but they were looking back at me to see if I was going to join them. Don't worry I still have to meet Addy so I'll keep going with you guys. After that I'm outa here.

*time skip*

We had found a car that works just fine. Warren was driving like usually. Murphy was sitting in the front next to Warren. I was the only one in the backseats since no one wanted to join me. Cass was sitting in the bedding of the truck with Doc and 10k.

I enjoyed the space I had with a nice nap. I laid all across the backseats and faced the backrest. I fell asleep quicker than I thought and honestly I was thankful for that.

Once I had woken up I realized that the car wasn't moving. I sat up quickly enough to make my vision to go blurry. I looked out the windows and saw the team standing in front of something. Or should I say someone.

I got out of the car and removed my sniper from my back. I held it loosely by my side and walked up to the rest of the team. Once they heard the sound of footsteps they looked back at me and parted away from the thing they were looking at before. I was ready to shoot any moment but once I realized that it was Addy and Mack I relaxed. I stopped in my tracks and just looked at them.

Now that they were back the decision about leaving them was right in front of me waiting to slap me right across my face. I was speechless and just stood in my place until Addy ran up to me and pulled me into a hug.