~28~

Kai's pov.

I had been shot. As the women who shot me arrived they said that they don't allow men in the camp and that I have to stay outside but they can heal me here.

I looked up at their leader and as she looked at my face she froze. Stop staring bitch.

As Warren was about to protest I tugged at her foot since that was the closest part of her body to reach. She squatted next to me as I pulled her closer, slightly wincing in pain as I moved.

"Let them heal me outside. I don't trust them. Also Doc can take care afterwards." I said. After that she looked at me and simply nodded.

I knew she won't argue with me so she just said that I accept being healed outside.

As the women left to get their stuff and call nurses I asked warren a favour.

"There are scissors in my bag. Cut my hair so I resemble a boy." As I said that she looked at me with worry.

"You sure you want that?" She asked me sweetly as she reached for my bag. I nodded and hurried her.

She took my hat off and let my hair out. Bye bye my love.

I said my last goodbyes as Warren started cutting my hair. She left it a bit longer than I expected and after that she quickly styled it. Doc helped Warren a bit as he saw what was going on. He cleaned all the hair that has been cut off.

 He cleaned all the hair that has been cut off

(Something like this and add the cap)^

As she was finished she put my hat back on just in time as the women from the camp arrived.

They helped me up in the bedding of the truck. Murphy scooted over in the corner as he didn't want to get out.

I looked arround and noticed that 10k was missing. Everyone else were gathered arround and observing me.

I asked where is he but I didn't receive an answer. Worry filled my mind as I kept asking. Once I accepted that there will be no answer I calmed down.

Before they started doing anything they said that I will feel everything so it will be painfull. Can't be fucking better can it?

As I nodded they pulled up my hoodie and shirt to see the hole that they had made.

I was still somehow in focus so I could see whatever they were doing.

!!MAY BE TRIGGERING!!

I watched as two women were digging inside me with their tools and looked for the bullet. As they had reached it one of them pushed it further and that caused me to scream in pain.

I felt how one of them grabbed the bullet with what I assumed were tweezers. As she started pulling it out I screamed more.

Once the bullet was out I felt relief. The women gave me a moment to breathe and while I was relaxing a bit I heard footsteps.

I looked the way the sound xame from and it was 10k. I assumed he had heard me scream so he rushed back. Once he saw me laying there he ran up to me and grabbed my face in both his hands.

He was surprised as I was still consciouss as I had lost enough blood. Little did he know I was fighting the urge to close my eyes to not close them forever.

As I gave the women a nod they started cleaning the bullethole. They used some strong alchohol which made me groan. 10K was now gripping my hand to try to comfort me.

After what felt like forever the hole was sterile enough so they started to stitch me up. This was the least painfull torture they did to me.

They were almost finished as I felt tired and couldn't keep awake. I squeezed 10k's hand and gave him a smile.

"N..No Kai...Stay with me okay? Please..." His voice trembled. I closed my eyes but didn't let myself to fall asleep yet.

I started to faintly hear his voice yelling at the nurses to hurry up. I figured that to let him still know I'm there I gathered all my strength to squeeze his hand.

As I did so I could hear him calm down. I kept repeating that after every 10 seconds.

As I was running low on energy I kept squeezing his had even later and later and with less power each time.

I didn't notice that the nurses were done sith healing me and had me all bandaged up.

I had my head now resting in 10k's lap. He gently petted my head.

I noticed that I started to hear better again and to be fair his voice was all I needed.

"Kai you still there?" He asked me with pain toned in his voice.

I couldn't bring myself to use my voice so I just nodded. He immediately relaxed and I exjaustedly gave him a small smile.

He kissed my forehead and I felt the warmth fill up my body. It somehow made me feel like I needed to keep fighting. So I didn't let myself fall asleep.

*Time skip*

3rd person.

After Kai was all bandaged up the team relaxed. Murphy went to set up a tent to shield him from the sun and also to get some privacy. Warren went to check up on Cassandra and Addy. Doc and Mack were chatting about something.

10k had still Kai's head in his lap. He didn't want to push her away or hurt her anymore so he promised himself that he will stay with her as much as he can.

Suddently there was a loud roar from the camp and everyone jumped at the sound. Even Kai's eyes opened from how loud it was. 10K immediately shielded them since he didn't want her to go blind.

Once the roar had stopped Cassandra was brought back to the car and everyone waited for Addy.

She came to tell everyone her goodbyes. First to know was 10k and Kai. She knew that Kai hadn't forgiven her but she wanted to make sure she understands.

Next up was the rest of the team. As she came to tell that to Mack he got angry and told everyone that he is staying.

Everyone protested but once again the gunshots were fired at them to make them leave. The rest of the team tried holding Mack but failed.

Knowing that they already had enough injured people they didn't risk injuring the rest. They all sat in the car and drove off.