~61~

Kai's POV.

Both Sketchy and Skeezy were overly familiar so I went around asking the family who they were. Turned out that they were the ones hosting the competition a while ago which got overrun by the zombies.

No wonder why they couldn't recognize me. I used to look so different back then. I had shorter hair and I still had both eyes. I wasn't surprised they didn't see the similarities. They were a bit dumb.

Me, 10k and Addy had been hanging out while we were all eavesdropping on what did Doc and his both old friends talk about. A few times they brought up me but Doc knew better than to reveal who I am. I was planning to do it myself soon anyways.

I just needed the perfect moment and I think I found it.

"So...The half blind kid... How did he got the scar?" Sketchy asked.

I smirked at Addy and stood up to walk over to them ready to spill a bit of some tea.

"Why didn't you just ask the owner of it?" I asked them sarcastically.

"Well we did but uhh..." Skeezy replied. I shot him a look.

"Right... Anyways..." I said as I sat down on the floor of the boat and leaned against the railing.

"Listen up fellas-" I said comically and Doc smiled.

So I started my whole story about how I knew Escorpion and how he punched me. They were so invested in my story. Once I was done they both applauded and their jaws had been agape for half of the story.

"Our lovely Kai has high pain tolerance. So far she has set the record for the most injuries on this team!" Doc said like a proud dad. Both newcomers then stared at me with even more shocked expressions.

"How many..?" Asked one of them. I smirked at that and started to recall all my injuries.

"A broken finger, shot in the stomach, sunburnt, lost an eye, a few other cuts and bruises here and there. If we count trauma too then you'd fall asleep." I summed it all up. Now the guys had fully shut up.

"Wait... The name- Kai was it?" Skeezy asked. I just nodded and he seemed to think for a second.

"No way Sketchy! It's that girl who won! Remember? She was with Doc back then too!" I was proud that Skeezy figured it out.

"No way! Did you suddenly change genders?" Sketchy shouted. My smile fell. Looked like I was wrong. I heard Doc facepalm. Meanwhile Murphy just snorted.

"Just when you think the smart ones survive." I said with an exasperated sigh and facepalmed like Doc had.

"I don't get it..." Skeezy said.

"I'm still a girl you no brained rock." I said a bit mad. With the corner of my eye I could see that Murphy was having the time of his life.

"How can we be sure? We even saw The Murphy." Skeezy said. I raised one eyebrow at the way they said Murphy's name. Now it was my turn to be amused.

"Alright fellas watch." I said annoyed. Everyone's eyes were now on me. Even Addy's and Warren's.

I did the trick where you pull the shirt tighter on your back and it shows your curves. In no way to hell I was actually going to flash them and this seemed to be the most appropriate way to show them.

Once I let my shirt go I noticed 10k had clenched his already sharp jaw. I winked at him and he visibly relaxed.

"Alright that was educating but what was that about The Murphy?" Murphy asked both guys. I shot him a look on the first part of his sentence but he just brushed it off. He had became immune to my death glare.

Oh man just you wait until I get my hands on you-

Murphy's POV.

The new guys had mentioned my name with 'the' in front of it and it picked my interest. They explained that they had seen a zombie Murphy who had been able to kill a person telepathically and he was able to fly.

I was disappointed in their lies. However I didn't bother to correct those no brained rocks.

They quickly left to go annoy Vasquez. Once they were gone I saw Kai stare daggers to my head. I felt like she will eat my soul alive and then shit it out. I felt her stare the whole time but I tried to ignore it.

I sarcastically smiled at her and waved like I would to an old friend. She just rolled her eye and for a split second I could see her hide a smile.

Even if she hated my guts even though I highly doubt that, I knew she still can forgive me. I hoped that we can still be civil after all those lengths she'd gone just for me.

I cracked a smile at that but I quickly covered it with my hand so no one would notice it.

Kai's POV.

It had been a while since we had been on the boat and something started to feel off. I decided to get higher and check around to see what was up.

Once I got to the roof I saw that further the river is littered with zombies and other corpses. I quickly jumped down to tell the others but they were already gathering their stuff and jumping off board.

In all the chaos a zombie managed to get on the boat and to snatch my shirt in its broken fingers and was pulling me towards itself while I desperately reached for my bag. Everyone was off the boat already while I still was struggling against the zombie.

I managed to reach my stuff and quickly secured it to my back while I fought off the Z. I was ready to give up when I had an idea. I decided to just let the Z pull me closer to the edge and then jump over it in the water.

If it still would be attached to me I'd have more space to fight it.

I decided to just go with the plan.

*little time skip*

I somehow managed to get rid of the Z and to get to the shore. Once I was out of the water I looked around to see if any of the family was there. No one. Not alive ones at that.

I sighed and checked if I still had everything with me. Once that was done I walked up a small hill to see if they were on the road looking and waiting for me.

Nope no one was there.

I felt tears burning up.

Until and annoying voice called for me.

"Hey kid. I think we should stick together. The other are probably dead anyways." Oh how I wanted to kill him for saying those words. I quickly wiped my face and turned to look at him.

I ignored him and started to walk.

"Listen if it's for not believing that you were a girl I am sorry I-" He blabbered until a scream rang through the air. I rolled my eye once I realized that it was the other no brained rock.

"C'mon kid help!" One of them yelled. I gritted my teeth and went to see what they needed my help with. Turns out that the dumbest one had fallen in a hole elbows deep and couldn't get out.

I swear if I will be the one getting them out of trouble all the goddamn time!

I swiftly took one of his arms and pulled him out of it. Once he was out I turned around to leave but both of them were after me like lost ducklings following whoever they thought would be a good replacement for their mother.

"We make a such good team. Don't ya think kiddo?" Sketchy asked.

"Mhm oh for sure." I replied clearly annoyed while we were walking. They clearly had no clue that I wanted them off my pile of problems.

Thanks for tuning in! I switched up the scenario a bit so it is more fun and it just doesn't follow the script all the time. Sorry if some things don't make sense I'm trying ^^

-Kat:)