~54~

Kai's POV.

I was laying on the roof of the car while we waited for everyone to get back. Doc was making dumb jokes which were so horrible that I just had to laugh at them. Murphy and Serena were doing their own thing in the car.

"How'd you meet the Zero's anyway?" Doc asked. I propped myself up on my elbows and looked at him. I raised an eyebrow in confusion and asked for him to elaborate.

"I mean we know that you were with them but you never told any of us how you met them." He said and he smiled a soft smile. I sighed and started to explain.

"Well my dad, Xavier. His work was a secret. Even for his family. I mean I now know what was his work but that was pre-apocalypse. So yeah, his job was to catch them. One day they uhmm... They came to our house and kidnapped my sister and mom. They left me at home as a sign I guess. Once dad came home he found only me left at home. I had cried my eyes out and I just couldn't explain anything to him. I think he knew that it was the Zero's doing. So he made a call and then I didn't see him for a while. When I did he had red puffy eyes and he reeked of alcohol." I said to him as I swallowed my tears back. Doc just listened without even moving a muscle.

"So after some time he just couldn't bare me anymore since I kept asking him when they will be coming back home. So yeah then the argument took place that I told you guys about. So with my scar I went to live with my friend for a while. Then I got a call from him that they both are dead. As you know there wasn't any way I could attend their funerals so I didn't think much of it back then." I had some tears running down my face. At this point Addy and Warren had came back and they were listening to my story too.

"Then the apocalypse broke out and our town was slowly overrun. I left before anything could happen to me. I decided to go see my dad and then on the way I met this kind of community which turned out to be the Zeros." I finished as I wiped the tears. I sniffed and laid back down. I didn't want to seek any sympathy so I just laid there on the car and waited for everyone to come back.

I was deep into my thoughts when I felt someone touch my arm. I sat up and looked at the person. It was 10k so I got off the car in one jump and before I could hug him I noticed some white powder on him.

"Are you doing any illegal substances?" I asked him. he just chuckled and shook his head a no.

"Then what is it?" Warren asked him.

"Uh. Came out of a Z's head when I killed it." He shortly explained. I instantly got worried. I turned to Warren and she looked to me.

"Got any fabric he could use?" I kindly asked her. She nodded and handed me a piece of fabric. I pulled out my water flask and poured a bit of water on it. I then handed it to him and instructed to clean it off. He just obeyed and cleaned the white stuff off.

Once he cleaned all of it off we decided to go check out the barn that 10k told us about on the way. He said that there was a zombie sheep. Good to know that zombie virus now can shapeshift.

As we got there we heard someone approach us from behind. We all turned our heads and it was dad. He walked straight past everyone and went to hug me. I hugged him back and once he let go off me I noticed that he had something in his arms.

"What's that?" I asked him. He looked down to whatever he was holding.

"Cured ham." He said as he threw it to Doc who caught it with ease.

"Maybe mutton." He commented while he took off his backpack that I hadn't noticed before.

"Strawberry jam for you." He handed Addy and Warren both a jar of jam. My mind automatically seemed interested.

"And for my amor I found something that you will love."

I perked an eyebrow at the sentence and he pulled out an eyepatch. My jaw dropped and I took it from his hand and inspected it.

(the pic of the eyepatch is as the cover for this chapter.)

It was black but had a red rose on it. The eyepatch didn't have regular straps but they were replaced by thin chains. The rose was decorated with a few smaller chains that hung loosely from it.

I looked at dad and he had a bright smile on his face. I launched myself in his arms and muttered several "thank you's" in his chest. After I pulled away he helped me latch it on my head and I adjusted it to fit perfectly.

Once it was secure I looked at the rest of the team who were now scattered around me. Once they all saw my face fully they all had the same joyful smile.

"Kai now is officially the most intimidating person in this team." Murphy said. Before I could say anything Addy commented too.

"Yeah. Now all she needs is a cool nickname." And with Addy's comment Warren face palmed herself and giggled.

"Right. Anyone got any ideas?" She addressed her question to everyone. They all were in deep thought when Serena broke the silence with a question.

"Why does she need a nickname anyways? Can't we call her by her name?" She asked out of pure curiosity. I smiled at her and explained.

"I like to keep my identity a secret from everyone." I shortly replied. She nodded with a smile and went back to thinking.

"What were you into before the apocalypse started?" Doc asked after some time. I looked at him confused.

"Just to see what to try to base your name off." He explained shortly.

"Norse mythology." Me and dad answered at the same time. We both looked at each other and he just smiled. I nodded my head to him and he did the same. Now the team went back to thinking.

"Wait Kai remember how obsessed you were with Thor? I believe he had a daughter right?" Dad then spoke up. My eye lit up with joy since he remembered. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah her name is Thrud." I explained to everyone. They all smiled at me.

"So Thrud it is." Warren said as we heard a voice speak to us.

"You English shouldn't be here." A guy's voice said. We all turned to look at him. I noticed that I was in the front of everyone now. The guy eyed each one of us and once his eyes laid on me I could see him tense up and get uncomfortable.

"We're not staying. One of our people. She needs a place to have her baby." Warren said as she walked up to me and I stepped slightly to the side. I still didn't look away from the guy.

The guy shook his head a 'no' and that angered me. I reached out to my back and pulled out one of my blades. Once Warren saw the fear on the guys face she looked at me and stopped my hand that was about to get into the spot to slice the guy.

"Ka...I mean Thrud. Stop." She said to me in a stern face. I smiled and lowered the blade but I didn't dare to put it away fully.

"Can I talk to an elder?" Warren asked as she turned back to the guy. He then finally collected himself from the fear and answered her.

"No, no, I... I am the leader now. All elders are dead." He explained. He then looked around the team once again but I could see that he tried to avoid seeing me. It just made me excited since I knew that at some point he will let us stay.

"And it is not safe for you here. The white powder. We have Anthrax here." He explained. My smile immediately fell since 10k was covered in it before.

I looked back at him and he looked paler than a sheet of paper. Hell he even was swaying and it looked like he could barely stand up. Which turned out to be true because he just collapsed.

This chapter wasn't my personal favorite to write. However I will be bringing more Kai and 10k moments into chapters. I just wanted to show that Kai isn't mentally okay and I just couldn't figure out how to bring in those moments then. I love yall and I'll see you in the next chapter.

-Kat:)