~48~

Kai's POV.

We had found a car to drive in. It wasn't one of those fancy Zero trucks but instead it was a regular car. Nothing fancy but at least it moves. It was cramped in the car since there were only five seats but there was six of us.

Warren of course was driving. Addy was in the front passenger seat which left me, dad, 10k and Doc in the backseats. Now we would've sat like normal people but we could barely breathe so I had to sit in one of the men's laps.

Since it would've been weird sitting in Doc's lap I had to choose between dad and 10k. My choice was 10k since I sat in dad's lap last time. Once I had made the decision he gave 10k a glare. I just chuckled and we all sat in the car.

I wasn't paying attention on the conversation that was going on in the car. I just blankly zoned out and thought about how life would've been if the apocalypse never happened. I was rudely interrupted by someone shouting my name.

"Kai!" Addy yelled which caused me to snap out of my thoughts.

"Uh...What?" I asked as I blinked several times.

"Did you not hear the question?" Warren asked as she glanced in the back view mirror to look at me. I shook my head a 'no' and she let out a slight sigh.

"Why did you put up all that 'insane' act?" Doc asked. I assumed that he asked it before and I didn't hear it. I looked down to my hands and sighed.

"Well after you dad left I was all on my own. I do know that I lived with my best friend for a while but then the apocalypse broke out. The town was overrun and I had to run. I reached the military base I told you all about. Then there they did those...Things...Which actually made me go insane." I paused to take a breath. My gaze was still down on my lap. No one even said anything but listened as I continued my story.

"So while I was there I was hearing voices and I had hallucinations. They all feared me which made them be cruel to me more and more rarely. So I actually enjoyed being insane. To be fair I miss it. People just fearing you because they know you are insane." I finished and a small smile crept on my face.

I quickly put on my regular face and looked back up. No one said anything so I sighed and rested against 10k's chest. His arms went from my waist to wrap around me to keep me in place. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the silence.

It had been a moment and the car then came slowly to a stop. I ignored it and heard Addy get out of the car. Soon enough all of us got out. Of course they had to drag me out but I just enjoyed when we were on the move and not a lot of danger followed us.

I sighed as we made our way to the gate. On the other side of it you could see several greenhouses and a warehouse in the middle of everything. This looked weird but I assumed that they grew some food here too besides drugs.

I heard Warren and Addy have a short conversation between the guards. Once they were done we were allowed inside. I felt one of the guards eye me up and down. I wasn't wearing any shirt since I still had the sunburns and it was hot. I was wearing some cargo pants and new combat boots that were tightly laced up. I had a belt that held up my pants but it also worked as a holster for many of my weapons. I had a baseball cap which had two main jobs: it shielded my eyes from the sun and it kept my short hair out of  my face.

I sent a glare from under my hat and smirked. The guy shivered but kept staring. I guess my 'insane' act will be needed here too.

"Hey amor?" Dad walked up to me as he clearly saw me glaring at the guard.

"Si papa?"("Yes dad") I answered with a question of my own.

"You will finally show me the 'insane' act?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"Oh you bet!" I looked at him and smiled. He returned the smile and pulled me into a side hug. We were led to the warehouse which they called as 'garage'. I mean they did have a few tractors here but that was about it.

3rd person(got I haven't done this in so long)

[Doc] "You think Murphy's here?" He asked to Warren as they all settled down.

[Warren] "Yeah, he's here. I can smell him." She replied while looking around.

[Doc] "I think you're smelling the Z weed." He said in a playful tone to lighten the mood.

[Kai] "Yeah sure... She probably smelled one of us." Kai threw her joke in between which made them all chuckle. The team started to accept Kai's personality and her 'sass'.

They all got startled by a scream. A woman was screaming for help. They all grabbed their weapons and rushed the way the voice came from. All except Kai. She stayed and decided to take a 'break' from helping everyone.

She sat down by the nearest wall and placed all her bag and sniper next to her where she could easily snatch them. She then pulled her hat lower to her eyebrows and ducked her head. She crossed her arms and sat there enjoying some peace.

She listened to the creaming woman and the gunshots that echoed trough the garage. A few people that were inside let out a quiet gasp at each gunshot but Kai on the other had smirked wider and wider. She was imagining the different outcomes of whatever was going on there.

She assumed that the team shot the Z and the woman was saved just like usually. Then the woman who screamed before shut up and another voice spoke. This time it was male. He scolded the team for not staying in the garage and explained something about 'Batch 47'.

They were all back inside the garage and Doc was helping the woman who was attacked. She was injured and bleeding. Kai then got up from her seat and grabbed her stuff. As she slung her bag over one of her shoulders and her sniper over the other she heard someone mention her name.

She looked around and saw that it was the team. They all spared her a few looks and quietly talked. Kai felt like they didn't accept and hated her. She wanted to cry but she had to be strong until she can find a quiet place.

As she walked up to the team everyone stopped talking and looked at her. Kai breathed in a heavy breath and finally spoke up.

[Kai] "I'll go check the perimeter." She finished her sentence and waited for someone to say anything.

[Xavier] "Be careful amor." He said with a hint of worry in his voice. Kai just weakly smiled at him and turned around to walk away. No one stopped her but just stared as she walked out of the garage and around the corner. Then once they were sure that she wasn't just eavesdropping the conversation continued.

[Warren] "Like I said we misunderstood her."

[Doc] "Yeah we did but hey! Have you seen her how happiness just radiated off her once she is in her insane act?"

[Addy] "Yeah but let's be honest she fits the most into the apocalypse."

[10k] "As long as she doesn't hurt anyone of us we should let her be. Just make sure it doesn't get worse."

[Xavier] "I agree with 10k and Doc. We should let her be because she is happy but once she hurts any of us we do something about it."

After that everyone agreed to Xavier's plan and silence filled the garage. The team then scattered around the garage and rested until a high, blood curdling woman's scream filled the whole garage. Everyone froze and listened.

Then everything fell silent for a moment.

Oop this one was a freestyle chapter. I wanted to try how it would be like writing from whatever I remember. Let me know what you think about 'freestyling' and I'll see you on tomorrow's chapter.

-Kat:)