~63~

Thank you so much for 10k reads! My school is just chaos now so I'll most likely update every other weekend.

Kai's POV.

The two dumb and dumber couldn't shut the hell up. We lost the group of hunters a while ago and to be fair I miss them. Because while we ran they shut up but now I'm convinced they are seeing who can piss me off the fastest.

It is not a great idea to do that because I hide my emotions really good. That's a skill I was forced to learn in the first shelter I was in. It was the same military shelter that I left because of how they treated me.

We had been walking for a while and now we walked upon a random car. Now that may be good in most cases but not this one. The car looks too off to the trap side. I became cautious while the two goofballs that I'm forced to be with paid no mind and walked straight to it.

They didn't even what's in it so I guessed they knew who's car it is. I didn't want to sit in the same car as them so in one swift jump I was on the roof of the car. There is space between the cabin and the back of the car. The back is a meter higher than the cabin so I won't have to tie myself to the car to not roll off.

I made myself comfortable on the roof and leaned against the back of the car. I was about to bang the car roof but I guess that was not needed.

Whichever of them two was driving took me by surprise by starting to drive out of nowhere. I jerked back and slammed my back so hard I almost could feel my spine divide and slam back together again.

Just they wait until we stop. I'll smack whatever the last braincells they have up there in their attic.

I sigh and rest back to somewhat enjoy the bumpy and too sharp turn ride.

At one point I get drowsy and was about to fall asleep but I got interrupted by the driver slamming the brakes. I jerked forward so much I almost slid off the car. Now I had enough. As I heard the driver side door open I jumped down in front of the driver.

I took him by surprise and to surprise him even more I slapped the back of their head wit as much as force I could spare them from my already exhausted body.

All three of us walked to the back of the truck and just now I had realized that they changed their outfits. I didn't pay mind to how they got it done because I didn't need the image in my mind.

We heard a lot of voices and for some reason music. As we three reached the back of the truck Sketchy stopped me and I just death glared at him.

"Listen kid. I have no clue what I've done but forgive me. Now you are mute and you are a guy. Got it?" He spoke quickly and in a low whisper. I rolled my eyes and I suppose he took it as a yes.

Before anyone could say anything else a random dude in a white suit came to greet us.

"Well we thought you mighta' ran into some trouble." The white suit dude said. I didn't feel ashamed or scared to stare at him.

"Just the usual" Sketchy answered to him.

"Usually you're right on time. But don't matter." The dude in the white suit blabbered. Wow, such a caring attitude.

"Uh, Swenson get these guys a drink." The white suited guy said to one of his minions that appeared out of a corner. He motioned for us to follow him as they unloaded the back of the truck. It was full of Z's.

We followed the unknown man to a backyard that was full of people. How did the goofballs knew where to drive I had no idea. I just hoped to have a rest here. Maybe get a new pair of clothes. Mines have been ripped here and there and I need clean ones.

"Go have fun kid. Remember what I said." Sketchy warned me and patted my back. I didn't say anything and left to see what all this was about.

Some woman offered to take my bag but I shook my head a "no" and she looked offended but left it alone. She looked me up and down and scrunched her nose a bit.

"Oh dear. You look worse than a zombie. You need new clothes. Follow me." She smiled kindly. Man this woman has BPD or something? I still followed her though.

She led me into a house that had rooms dedicated to different style clothes. She smiled at me and with a hand gesture for me to go.

"Knock yourself out. We have a lot. Most are scavenged and washed after brough here." She explained. I nodded her a thanks and went further into the room to see what I can gather.

"Don't be shy to take more for your trip afterwards." The lady bid and I showed her a thumbs up from the doorway I entered.

I heard her leave and I took this as my cue to find something.

*Little time skip cus idk what to write*

I found a grey t-shirt that I wore over a long sleeved shirt which was colored dark red. I had found new army pants that were black and grey. My original boots have already work out so I got new almost knee lenght army boots.

I wanted to take a few more clothes but my bag was already full with weapons and armor.

I decided to wear my bulletproof vest under both shirts and all the knee and elbow protectors.

I wore the knee and elbow protectors over my clothes because they couldn't fit under them.

I emptied all my empty gun clips and replaced them with full ones and stored them on my body.

I pulled out my throwing knives and holstered them in place and I did the same with all the rest of my guns and weapons that could be holstered.

The only item I had left to figure out what to do with it is old night vision goggles. I decided to just let them hang loose around my neck.

So now my bag was empty and I could take extra clothes.

I found a jacket that didn't take much space but was warm enough, another pair of shirts and another pants.

After I was packed my bag was about to explode. I still wanted to bring back something for 10k when we meet.

I looked around and found old biker glasses. I immediatelly stored them in my backpack and got ready to leave.

Before I even reached the door I hear commotion in the backyard and I just knew that both goofballs have gotten us into trouble.

I exited the building and people already waited for me. They grabbed me by the shoulders and pushed me towards the forming crowd.