~53~

Kai's POV.

I had woken up a while ago. Now we were just trying to figure out what to do next. I was sitting on the car roof and just trying to find whatever to shoot at.

Murphy was in the car with Serena and she was laughing her ass off. 10k was sitting on the roof with me. Warren was with Addy making plans and having a serious talk. Dad and Doc were standing besides the car talking about how Serena got pregnant.

"What's their story?" Dad asked Doc.

"What happens in weird zombie apocalypse community stays in weird zombie apocalypse community" Doc replied with a chuckle.

"Yeah been there." I  heard dad say. My head immediately turned to look at him and I raised an eyebrow at his statement.

"You clearly haven't." I said. His face fell when he realized that I was referring to myself. He was about to say something when gunshots went off. 10k was off the car in an instant and everyone ducked.

I on the other hand stood up and started shooting. I heard someone hiss from our side and then someone yelp as I shot someone. I was about to shoot again when several automatic gunshots rang trough the air, that were followed by yelling. I lowered my gun and looked around in confusion.

An angry Serena held an automatic gun and non-stop yelled while she was shooting. I chuckled at the view and allowed the gun to run out of ammo. Once she was done everyone got out of cover and I jumped off the car.

"Any ideas why they attacked?" Warren asked us. I knew that they must have seen me and also the fact that we have one of their cars.

"Maybe it has to do something with this nice Zero ride we got?" Doc asked. Everyone looked at the car except me and dad. We gave each other a worried look.

'Tell them' dad mouthed to me before everyone turned back. I nodded and sighed.

"I might have another theory why they attacked us." I said as everyone's attention now was on me for sure. I gulped and gathered all my courage.

"So remember that I told you how I lived with the military and stuff right?" I said as I looked around the team to study their faces. They all muttered a 'yes' or 'sure' so I carried on.

"Well the 'military' were actually the Zeros. That might explain why they were onto us." I finished my sentence while my eye was observing my boots. When no one said anything I just looked up to examine their faces once again.

Serena was confused and I knew that it was because she had no idea of my past. Warren and Addy looked like they were angry. Doc, 10k and dad, all had sad looks on their faces. I pulled my lips into a thin line and turned around to walk a bit away from them.

"What happened to her?" I heard Serena ask. Then all of them explained my past with Zeros and she just listened. I still stood a bit away from them. I thought I'd give some time to them to forgive. After all I tried to protect myself from getting caught by them.

"Why didn't she tell you earlier though?" Serena asked. I sighed and answered her question myself without walking up to them.

"I tried to protect myself from them. I am afraid that one day I'll end up back there." I crossed my arms as I looked down.

"Well thank you for trusting us." I heard Addy say. I looked back up and adverted my gaze at her. She smiled but I just nodded.

"Well I think it is time for a new vehicle." Warren said. We all gathered our stuff and and decided to go see if the guys who attacked us had anything useful. Turns out they did.

"Okay, so they did shoot at us. But hey, they left us this nifty ride and a half eaten hamburger that hasn't degraded in four years." Murphy complained once again as he sat in the car. Warren gave him one of her mom looks to which he just scoffed.

"Oh me, me, me, me. Please, please?" Serena practically ran up to Murphy as she heard about the half eaten burger. I scrunched my nose in disgust as I watched her.

"You want this?" Murphy asked her as he looked back at the burger and then back up at her.

"Baby wants it." She explained. I felt my stomach do a flip from the disgust.

"Well, if the baby wants it. Mmmm-mmmm. Mmmmh." He said as he softly smiled and handed her the burger. I noticed that everyone else was looking away so I followed them.

We all got into the car as Serena finished her meal and we knew for sure that it was safe for someone to sit next to her.

"Now, how close is this Mennonite place again?" Someone asked. I didn't bother to look at whoever it was so I just tried to not think about vomiting.

Warren was driving like usually, dad was in the passenger seat, Murphy and Serena in the backseats since no one wanted to be that close to them. Me, Doc, Addy and 10k were all sitting in the bedding of the truck. We had some light conversations about everything and nothing until Warren stopped the car.

Once we all stepped out of the car my gut feeling returned so I checked if my sniper still had enough ammo. I had only five bullets. I decided to save them for later and pulled out my katanas.

"Kai what you need those for?" Serena asked. I looked at her and then down to my katanas. Once I looked back to her I explained.

"I have this...gut feeling whenever something bad might happen." I said to her. Her face lit up with joy?

"Like a superpower?" She said to me as she smiled a big smile. She acted like a child.

"I guess?" I said and after she was done interrogating me and my gut feeling I walked up to Warren.

"Be careful. My 'superpower' is back." I said to her. She looked at me and raised an eyebrow in a confused manner.

"Serena called my guy feeling a superpower." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh. Well thank you for warning me baby bear." She said as she side hugged me. I smiled at the gesture and we all gathered around to plan on what to do next. While they all were chit-chatting I couldn't focus since I kept hearing something.

"Kai what do you think?" Doc asked me. I snapped back to the conversation and looked at him confused.

"Sorry what'd you say?" I asked him. He sighed and slumped his posture.

"Why you never listen to anything we say." He asked me. I just shrugged my shoulders and I was about to say something but another noise made me perk my ears.

"Well one thing I know for sure that there is livestock here." I said to them. I could hear both Warren and Doc sigh.

"Well we can't go in blind..." Addy said. Warren nodded as she started to assign us our duty.

"So Vasquez, you take the north fence." She said as she pointed the way.

"Which Vasquez you talking about?" I asked her. She looked at me and just smiled.

"Right sorry about that. Xavier takes the north fence. And we got to come up with a system to call you both without getting into these situations." She explained. I giggled and nodded.

"10k you go south. Addy and I got over watch. Kai and Doc stay and watch those two." She said the last part as she pointed to Murphy and Serena who were now having some conversation which made Serena laugh.

"Great." I groaned as I watched everyone start to leave.

"Be back in twenty." Warren told everyone as they all went their assigned ways. I looked at Doc who looked just as disappointed as I did.

"Well this will be the longest 20 minutes of your life." I said to Doc with a sigh and he just nodded his head in agreement.

Sorry for this super late update. I've had such horrible internet issues so I couldn't even write but please excuse me. Also thank you for 2,3k reads <3

-Kat:)