~69~

The schoolyear is almost over for me. I have loads of exams in the next month and some trips planned. Tho I will keep posting I'm not sure how frequent will they be <3

---------------------------- Z ----------------------------

Kai's POV.

I was woken up by a ray of sun shining into the dust filled barn. With a quiet groan I sat up and inhailed the fresh apocalypse air.

With a look around I realized that 10K isn't anywhere near me. Then like a rock falling amd hitting my head the memories of last night flooded back.

I felt ashamed because what if I was so horrible that he just left?

I got up and looked for my stuff. I found them folded next to my bag along with the rest of my equipement.

I felt so horrible I wanted to hide forever.

I got dressed in my usual clothes and wore my favorite boots. I covered my arms by wearing a long sleeved shirt under my bulletproof vest and I had a pair of fingerless gloves.

I tied my hair outgrown hir in a low ponytail and put my eyepatch on to hide my scars. I felt disgusted by it. I decided to hide it with my trusty baseball cap that was old and worn out.

When I was done getting dressed I loaded all my guns and sheathed all my knives. After doing that I picked up my stuff and snuck out of the barn.

It seemed to be late in the day. Almost past 1pm. Everyone was probably on small tasks or just slacking around at the gas station.

I went to the car and sat in it. I wanted some time alone to just be with myself. I know that I've spent loads of time alone but each time some interrupts.

Not this time.

10K's POV.

I had woken early and I realized what I've done. I have the most beautiful creature laying naked next to me. For the first time I felt complete after my father...

I heard feet shuffling outside so I quickly got dressed and gathered all our stuff. I folded her clothes as neat as I could and placed them next to her bag along her other items.

As soon I was done I hurried outside. I saw people moving around the gas station so I walked up to them and turns out they had been on a mission last night.

We missed out on it because I let my guard down. I collected my thoughts and asked Warren to briefly explain it to me.

- Time Skip -

I was just talking with Doc and Addy when I heard someone walk closer. By the steps I could tell who it is.

As I turned around I confirmed the face to the steps.

She didnt even look back at me. She had full body coverage from head to toe and she seemed serious.

Kai's POV.

I've been thinking about something and I figured out what I want. No what I need.

I slowly walked up to the group who were talking with each other. I could feel them all either share glances between each other or just advert their eyes to me.

"Warren can we talk." I asked her in a low monotone voice. She gave me a half smile and nodded.

We walked a bit off everyone else and she turned to face me as soon as we sropped.

"What's up babygirl?" She asked calmly but her eyes portrayed fear and concern.

"This might sound like a big leap but I want to travel on my own for a bit." I said as I looked right at her and got straight to the point.

She was dumbfounded and confused at my request. I didn't care. All I hoped was that she will say yes.

"Well that's dangerous. And how would I tell the team... How will I tell 10K this?" She took her mother stance as she spoke.

"You don't have to tell them. Just let me dissapear off radar for a bit. I will return." I pleaded to her. She pulled her lips into a thin line and looked at her boots for a moment.

"I can't let you do that babygirl. I need you. The team needs you." She said hoping I'll stay.

I stand there quietly just deep into thoughts.

"Fine. I'll stay. Only on two conditions."

"Spill." She said willing to listen and try fo do her best.

"One...We get the hell out of here. I don't like this place." I said in a lighter voice and she just chuckled.

"Finally someone who said it. Alright consider it done. And nimber two?" She asked while looking at me witha smile that suited her face very much.

"Number two is..."

Murphy's POV.

Both Warren and kiddo have been talking for a moment. They seem to share a couple of laughs.

As soon as they left I used the old skill of reading from the lips. I learnt it a while ago but I havent used it in such long time.

When I started reading my heart dropped.

Kiddo wanted to leave. I for once felt safe around one of the team members and she was going to leave?

I felt a pang of sadness and guilt overwash me. But the more I thought about it I couldn't be mad or sad with kiddo. Who wouldn't want a break after all we've been through?

They hugged it out and now both were walking back. I sat up in my chair and acred like nothing was wrong.

Kai seemed tense and serious now that she's around everyone else. Tho I noticed only one small detail that I don't think anyone else did.

She was fighting back tears when she would just have to look at 10k. The situation got worse when he was looking back at her.

Oh that poor kid was goign through so much but knowing her she would push it down and wouldn't tell anyone.

---------------------------- Z ----------------------------

Thank you so much to anyone who reads this book. I love to see that this book is getting this much love