~14~

Thank you for adding my book to your reading list, it means so much to me ^^

Kai's pov.

We went to the canteen and there were quite a few people. Most of them were in their 20's. I took 10k's hand in mine and pulled him to go grab some food. The rest of the team followed us.

There were only fruits and vegetables but I didn't mind it. I was more that happy that we could get at least some kind of food. I was so hungry I thought that I could eat anything right this moment.

Since me and 10k were the first in the line we got our food first. Once we were done choosing our food we went to sit down by an empty table. I sat down next to him and we had some small chit-chat while we waited for the rest of the team. The last to come sit down were Warren and Garnett. Once they both sat down we all started eating.

I looked around and I noticed the kids that were outside the fence before. I pointed them out and the team just ignored it.

Major Wiliams then came by to tell us that there is only one room for two people to rest in. Murphy was calling dibs on it. The rest of the team gave him the 'be quiet' looks.

"Warren and Garnett should have a go for it" I said and wiggled my brows. The rest agreed with me and we all just laughed.

"Oh come on. Is it that obvious?" Warren asked us as Garnett already got up and held a hand out for her, which she kindly accepted.

As they left I felt some eyes peering my way. I looked around and it was one of the kids. I told about it to the rest of the team and they said that me and 10k should go and have a talk with them since they look our age. I didn't really want to do that but 10k had already pulled me up from my seat.

I just followed him over to their table.

"My name is 10k and this is my girlfriend Kai" 10k introduced us to them and I just gave them a small wave. They told us that we can sit down if we want. I hesitated for a moment but eventually sat down.

I noticed that 10k was still holding my hand. I laced our fingers together and he looked over to me. He gave me a small smile and I just clenched my jaw. You will have to make this up to me later 10k.

We sat there for a good 10 minutes and I hadn't said a single word. The guy who's name was Luke I assume, asked 10k if I ever speak.

"W-Well she does." He nervously said. I looked at him and nodded. After that I looked at Luke and spoke up.

"Yes I do speak. I just like to save my braincells from degrading" I said with a little smile. I could see that Luke was annoyed. I enjoyed the look he gave me. I let go of 10k's hand and walked back to our table.

Addy looked confused so I explained what happened. She looked at me with her jaw slightly open. I giggled and she gave me a high five. She is like a sister to me.

After some time 10k came back and we continued eating. It was getting a bit late and the rest of the team was finished with our food so now we were just talking about whatever came to our minds. It was until 10k told us that he will go to the bathroom. I noticed that he was following a girl. My heart sunk to the floor once again. I tried hiding that and to my luck no one noticed my sadness.

A good 20 minutes passed and 10k hasn't came back so I told the rest that I will go look for him. Everyone just ignored me except Addy.

"Go get him sis" She said and winked. I gave her a smile and ran out of the canteen.

I looked for 10k everywhere until I was about to give up. Then I got an idea about where he might be. I quickly ran into the closest building and climbed to the roof. I found him where I thought I would.

"You know...If you want to run after other women why don't you just let me go?" I asked him and sat next to him.

"What are you talking about?" He looked at me confused. I was on the verge of crying. Did he really just play dumb?

"I saw you go after the girl we met earlier. If you like her you could've just told me" I explained to him. A tear had escaped and it rolled down my cheek.

"What are you talking about? I love only you Kai. Once I saw you I knew you will be mine." He put his hand up to my cheek to clean the tear off. I just looked to the ground.

"Hey...Look at me." He pulled up my chin and I looked into his eyes.

"No matter what remember that I wouldn't trade you for another woman. You will always have my heart." As he finished his sentence I pulled him into a hug. God why am I so stupid? I mess up everything.

We sat there and hugged for a while until we heard screams. I quickly pulled away and jumped up. I looked over the edge and the girl from earlier ran towards the gate where the guards were standing. She then collapsed to the ground and one of the guards rushed over to her to help but instead the girl had turned and now bit the guard. Great

3rd person.

Kai and 10k quickly got off the roof and ran to get their weapons meanwhile the rest of the team was fighting their way out of the overrun building.

Once 10k collected his weapons he helped Kai get hers since she had a lot more. Once they were fully equipped they ran back to the canteen to find that the door was blocked with a giant cross.

Both of them pulled the cross away just in time to let their team out. Once they were safe the door was blocked again keeping the Z's in. Warren told Cassandra to go get their car and get some bolt cutters. As she ran to do what she was told the rest of the team was stopped by some group of people. Kai then took 10k's hand and whispered to him something.

The next moment they ran away and left the team to stand there in confusion. Once the kids were out of sight the group of people that had stopped them tied and lined them up by a crate full of zombies.