~29~

A little note: sorry for not updating. I had been very sick so I took a few days off. However I missed writing to you all. Now I'm back in full health and ready to write more.

Kai's pov.

I slowly inhaled. I woke up because the sun was shining in my face. I slowly cracked my eyes open to be met with the so called sun. As I took a deeper breath this time I felt a sharp pain bolt trough my body. My breath hitched and I winced in pain. I heard a voice but I couldn't manage to tell who it was. I steadied to slow, shallow breathing and concentrated to not pass out.

"Hey! She's awake." I heard a male voice shout. The voice felt so loud that it echoed in my head so I quickly put up my palms to my ears. I winced in slight pain again from rising my arms that fast.

"Easy warrior, easy." Now a woman's voice spoke. I let my hands fall back beside me as I slowly opened my eyes again. Everything was in a small fog but I could tell that there was a woman and a man looking over at me. I could hear other voices too but they sounded like they were distant and muffled.

I felt someone try to pull me up to a sitting pose. I winced in slight pain for the third time already and the view before my eyes started to clear out.

I was laying in the bedding of a truck. In front of me sat Doc, he was talking to someone besides the car. I wanted to look who it was but I felt tired. I slightly turned my head to my right to see Murphy glaring at me. I held eye contact with him until he broke it first.

"How you holding on baby girl?" A worried mama Warren's voice asked. I looked around to try to find her. She came in my view behind Doc. I smiled a weak smile and she returned it. She knew I'll survive, I could tell it because of her face expression.

As the person behind me pulled me a tad bit higher so I was sitting up I groaned in pain that bolted trough my body.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry." A woman's voice spoke. The voice was Cassandras. She was still alive. Thank god.

Before I could attempt to say anything I felt a new pair of arms around me. Stronger ones that could only be a property of one person. 10k.

I felt him pull me up slowly. He sat back down behind me and pulled me to his chest so that I could rest my back against his chest. I let out a relieving sigh and close my eyes again. Too much pain.

"No no warrior, stay awake." mama Warren spoke again. I nodded my head and opened my eyes back open. Now in front of me where Doc had been sat a woman. Cassandra to be specific. She seemed pale.

I shook away my worry and rested my head against 10k's shoulder. I could feel him tense up a bit but I slightly tapped his thigh letting him know I'm still here. He seemed to relax a bit at the tapping and I cracked a giggle.

That made everyone's attention turn to me.

"You guys really thought I would leave this shit hole without kicking my dad's ass?" I said in a raspy voice between the giggles. I might be crazy but at least I enjoyed it. I heard 10k let out a small chuckle and it immediately calmed me down. Everyone else then relaxed and laughed too. They cheered that I'm back with them.

After a few minutes of some small chit-chat I looked around observing where were we. The team then noticed my confusion and explained everything that had happened after I passed out.

3rd person.

[Doc] "Kid you passed out after they sew you shut. Then a fight broke out because Addy wanted to stay and Mack wanted her to come with us." Doc explained with some joy in his voice. He tried cheering up everyone.

[Warren] "Damn apocalypse. We lost the Wonder twins again." She said with sadness in her voice. She really liked Addy. She of course liked everyone in this team. Yes even Murphy but her all-time favorites were Addy, Kai and Charles. Now that Charles and Addy are gone she had to keep Kai safe.

[Kai] "Damn I missed all the fun." Kai whined and she earned a snicker from Murphy. She looked at him for a moment smiling. Murphy felt uncomfortable like always and jumped out of the bedding to go sit into the car.

He realized how Kai reminded so much of his friend. He really felt like him and Kai would become friends but that damn kid always gave him the creeps.

After the team finished catching up Kai on what had happened and Warren explained what a shit hole the camp back there was they decided to eat something. Kai was hungry as hell so most of the food went down her throat but no one seemed to object that. They knew that Kai was slightly insane especially after the last incidents no one wanted to upset her.

All except 10k. He already had annoyed her around like 5 times already. He knew that Kai wouldn't hurt him simply because she loved him. She loved the team too and felt like they are her family but 10k meant more to her.

After eating everyone gathered their stuff and got in the car to get back on the road. Kai was already capable of walking but it still hurt her. everyone knew that she is just hiding the pain behind her laughs from the conversations with 10k.

[10k] "You really scared me back there." He spoke in a worried voice but managed to chuckle.

[Kai] "Like I said I'm not becoming a fucking rotting worm before I haven't gave my dad a proper beating." She laughed and looked in 10k's eyes.

The rest of the team was sitting in the car so that left them two in the bedding of the truck. It still didn't stop the team from hearing their conversations.

[10k] "Listen I'm sorry that I-" He was interrupted mid sentence by Kai.

[Kai] "Shut it sniper. It was painful but I'm glad we're back to what we had before." As she finished her sentence her voice was shut down suddenly. 10k's lips were against hers and she just gave in.

It felt good to be happy again.

Their kiss was interrupted by Warren stopping the car. Kai stood up slowly and looked around. They had stopped at a golf course. Really Warren...Really??