~10~

The whole chapter is only in Kai's pov.

The rest of the team went after Doc. It's been like half an hour after he left. I was sleeping in the car and 10k was doing whatever he was. I was still tired so I tried sleeping.

My sleep sucked. One thing I learned in the apocalypse that sleep will flip you off no matter how tired you are. Could say that sleep left me like my dad did.

I heard a gunshot and I immediately jerked awake. I rolled my window down and sticked my head out. I took a look around but all I was was a Z laying on the ground. I sighed and opened the car door to get out.

As I was about to get out 10k stood in front of me stopping me from doing so. I looked up at him confused. He just smirked and placed his gun on the roof of the car. Oh so now I see where this was going....

I felt light butterflies in my stomach as he put both his hands on my waist and pulled me slightly closer to him. I locked my hands around his neck and smiled.

The next moment I knew he had his lips locked onto mine. I giggled and kissed him back. His lips felt weirdly soft for a guy. I mean it's not a bad thing, oh not at all but y'know it's the apocalypse.

As the kiss went deeper and deeper I heard an explosion. I stopped everything and listened. 10k looked at me in confusion.

"Was I the only one who heard that?" He asked and I shook my head signalizing I heard it too. He immediately  pulled away taking his warmth with him. God why is everything interrupting the best moments?

As I stepped out of the car the rest of the team came back. I looked around searching for Doc. I couldn't find him between the team. My heart sank to my heels. No that can't be. He can't be....

I felt tears building in my eyes. I turned away so no one would see me cry. I felt someone turn me around and pull me into a hug. The person who was holding me was Warren. She knew that I took the team as a family so everyone meant so much to me.

I quietly cried in Warren's shoulder. I can't believe that he is gone. I'm losing everyone that has become close to me. It's only a matter of time until I'm on my own again.

After some time I calmed down and pushed my emotions away. I gotta be strong for everyone I've lost.

I wiped my tears away and let go of Warren. She had a weak smile and I just turned around to get in the back of the truck. 10k was in the back with me. Everyone was packing their stuff to get going again.

I looked trough my sniper's scope shooting all the Z's I could see taking out my sadness on zombies. That's when I saw him.

I let out a loud whistle for Warren which she replied to by looking my way. I kept my eyes on my target as I nodded his way. Warren turned around and sighed.

"Let's just get this over with." I heard her say as she took her gun and aimed it Doc's way.

"Steven 'Doc' Beck" There was a moment of silence as she took the safety off the gun aiming it back at him.

"I give you mercy" She said as she shot. She missed and the bullet ended up going trough Doc's shoulder.

I looked away. I felt numb but still it hurt me deeply. Then I heard a very familiar voice.

"What the hell Warren? You trying to kill me?" I looked back up so fast that my neck cracked. I cursed in pain and let out a giggle. Everyone looked back at me for a split moment making sure I'm fine.

"You're alive?" I asked as I kept my hand on the spot where my neck painfully cracked.

"Damn straight I'm alive" He shouted and I let out a sigh. I smiled at him and he returned the smile. Oh Doc you almost gave me another mental breakdown.

"We thought you were dead" Addy said in her lovely voice. I really took her as my sister. She was kind as hell.

"Well so did I." We all laughed as Doc said that.

"Some numbskull threw a grenade in the airshaft I was stuck in" He said with a pinch of anger. Everyone shared some weird looks and I just shook my head. Oh if I find out if it was one of you that did that....

Warren passed Doc a piece of fabric of Doc to clean himself up a bit. He accepted it and cleaned his face that was stained with blood and dust.

"Come on baby give me a kiss" He said jokingly stepping towards Warren with open arms. We just laughed and everyone finished gathering their stuff.

We all took our places in the car and Warren started driving. It was a really long and rather sad day but at least Doc is safe and still on the roll with us.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ^^

I really enjoy writing this and watching the reads grow everyday make me keep going. ILY and remember be safe </3