~56~

Kai's POV.

"She got it too?" I asked Warren who brought almost passed out Addy inside. She nodded as she laid her down in the bunk bed across 10k. My heart sank. As much as me and Addy argued she was like sister to me.

Anger filled my body and mind. It slowly took over any other emotion. Soon enough I stood there with clenched fists and gritted teeth. My jaw was locked so hard I could feel my teeth start to ache.

I couldn't stand the anger so I just quickly brushed past everyone and paced around the small front yard in anger. At some point I got so mad I dropped my bag that was on my shoulders. It fell to the ground with a loud thump. When the bag hit the ground a clattering sound came from it. It reminded me about my throwing knives that I had put in the bag.

I squatted next to my bag and opened the zipper. There were a lot of weapons like guns, knives, throwing stars(I believe they are called ninja stars. I'm not sure). You could also find some ammo at the bottom of the bag and some armor. I rarely used the armor because I think it just slows me down. I can't quite get rid of it anyways.

I pulled out the knives and strapped them to my thigh where their original place is. I closed the bag and I went to the car to put the bag in the trunk. Dad was sitting in the front, distracted with cleaning his boots. As soon as he heard the thud that came from me throwing my bag in the trunk he jumped. He stuck his head out the window and eyed me suspiciously.

"Amore you doing good?" He asked in a worried tone. I was still angry so I ignored him and walked to the closest tree that was wide enough. I pulled out one of the knives from the holster and carved a makeshift target in the tree. Then I stepped a few meters away from the tree and took the position to throw.

I placed one foot in front while the other went slightly to the back. I turned the back foot to the side to make myself more stable and I held the knife in my right arm. I rose the arm and slightly turned my body to the right side. Before throwing it, I held the knife pretty loosely and I pulled it back. I deeply inhaled and aimed. Once I was ready I threw the knife and watched as it spun in the air before hitting the target slightly off the middle.

It just angered me more since I lost my eye completely I was unable to aim with perfect accuracy. I sighed angrily and I got out of the position I was in to try to calm a bit down. I managed to calm a bit down and I got back into the positio once again. I did the same steps and as I was about to release the knife from my hand Serena's loud scream startled me a bit. The knife hit the target in the biggest sector and once again anger filled my body.

I decided to not resist it and I inhaled deeply before letting out an ear-bleeding scream. Once I was done screaming I sighed and stomped towards the tree to pull out the knives. I thanked the now non-existent god that they weren't stuck into the tree and I didn't have to struggle to get them out.

As I turned to face the car I could see that Warren and Doc had both rushed away from their places to check if I was okay. I sighed and kept walking towards the car. Dad had now hopped out of his seat and was sitting in the trunk going through my bag. I didn't mind since I didn't have anything to hide anyways.

I placed the knives back into their holster and unstrapped it to hand it to dad. He took it and before putting it back into the bag he inspected them closer. It was the set that he had gifted me when I was younger. It was still into top perfect condition after all these years.

He chuckled before he placed the knives into the bag and kept going through all my little 'weaponry'. I leaned against the truck and decided to take a better look around. Warren and Doc went back to their places as I had walked up to the truck.

The place wasn't that bad. Two farm barn's facing each other. Between them a small yard that led to a small, half destroyed shed. One of the barn's is used as a hospital wing and living quarters while the other was to keep the healthy animals safe. Serena was currently screaming in the one that was for the animals. Meanwhile Addy and 10k were fighting for their lives in the makeshift hospital.

Once I was done examining the place I felt tired so I hopped in the back of the truck and laid down across all three backseats. I took off my eyepatch since I figured that it would be more comfortable that way. As soon as I took the most comfortable position I fell asleep.

*Little time skip*

I woke up to people yelling. I groaned and sat up. I found that I was brought inside the hospital and in one of the bunk beds. I instantly got out of the bed and went to see what the deal was. Turns out that Warren and dad were stealing the medicine form these people. I was standing in a hallway that led to the middle of both, the exit of the barn and the hallway that led deeper into the barn.

Warren and dad stopped their speech as soon as they saw me. I looked at them both and then to the people who lived here. Once they saw my face some gasps escaped their mouths. I sighed and without saying anything I walked out.

I walked to the truck which had been moved. I assumed that they went to see if they could get any more medicine but apparently they couldn't since they were stealing form these people.

I stood by the truck with my arms crossed and my head bowed down. I was thinking about the reaction of these people when they saw my face. Did it really look that bad? It should be halfway healed now. Was I that disgusting? Maybe I should try to find a full face mask? Then I wouldn't be able to see at all.

All those thoughts ran through my mind. I was pulled out of them with yelling from the team. Warren had Addy propped by her side, Doc held 10k, Murphy ran with a small blanket burrito while dad just followed after them looking back and shooting zombies that had appeared.

I sighed and opened my bag to pull out two the same glocks and aimed them. I shot the Z's that were the closest while the team quickly got into the car. Everyone quickly took their places and Warren started the car. She quickly sped away and I sat down and tried to rest.

3,2k reads. Y'all surprise me. Thank you so much for reading this! If you have any ideas for future chapters or have anything that I should improve don't be scared to comment or message me. <33

-Kat:)