~57~

10k's POV.

The first thing I notice is that I'm laying on a pretty uncomfortable surface. The second is the bright sun. I slowly open my eyes and sunlight nearly blinds me. I allow my eyes to adjust to the light and I sit up. I realize that I'm in the bedding of a truck. Doc, Addy and Kai is in here with me.

Doc was having a light conversations with Addy. Both looked tired and like they have been running for hours non-stop. Kai was sitting on the roof of the car and looked like she was zoned out.

Once Addy and Doc noticed that I'm awake they let the ones sitting inside the truck that I'm awake. Kai's still zoned out and it starts to get me worried. I steadily stand up and lightly tap on her bare shoulder. She didn't even notice so she must be deep in thought.

This time I place my hand on her shoulder and slightly shake it. Still no response so I call out to her. Now it worked. She snapped out of her thoughts and her head turned to look at whoever was touching her. Once her gaze landed on me I smiled at her. The corners of her lips turned up slightly.

"What'd I miss?" I asked her. The small smile on her beautiful lips disappeared and she looked away.

"Scoot over." I told her and she did as I said. I swiftly jumped up and sat down next to her. She let out a loud sigh and rested her head on my shoulder. I placed my arm around her and pulled her closer.

"Now please tell me what happened." I told her softly. She shifted a bit in her place and started to explan.

"You got anthrax. So did Addy but hers was easier to treat. Anyway I thought that you'll die. I don't...No I can't bare losing someone I love again." She explained in a shaky voice. I felt bad so I pulled her in a tight hug and kissed the top of her head.

"I promise that you won't lose me." I said to her and she just nodded. Another small smile like before crept to her lips.

"Kids get down from the roof or you'll fall off." Doc instructed and we both got back into the bedding of the car.

Kai's POV.

We sat down in the bedding of the truck. I sat between 10k's legs and my back was pressed against his chest. He had both his hands wrapped around me and his chin was resting on top of my head. If he wouldn't be having small talk with me, Addy or Doc, I would've thought that he had fallen asleep. He for once seemed relaxed and in peace.

We all started to discuss baby names for Serena's and Murphy's baby. Turned out that Serena didn't make it but the baby did. While they were talking I remembered my sister. She was younger than me.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Addy spoke up.

"Speaking of babies. I have a present for you both!" She said with a smirk and somewhat joy. She reached in her pocket and pulled out a small box. She handed it to 10k who took it curiously.

Once I saw what it was I sighed and chuckled. 10k on the other hand got confused.

"Billy Boy brand condoms?" He asked Addy. That made us all chuckle. By us all I mean the ones in the bedding of the truck.

"Yeah! You got a girl now. You will not die a virgin!" She said. it made me blush and I wanted the earth to split into two and swallow me alive.

"Kai promises you!" Doc teased us. My face turned even more red.

"Eyy don't involve me please!" I said rather loudly. They all just laughed. 10k placed the box in his little bag and hugged me once again.

"Just don't be stupid. Or you'll end up like that guy." Addy said as she motioned to where Murphy sat in the car. 10k and me just chuckled. For some time there was silence but it was short lived when Murphy spoke up from the inside of the car.

"My mother's name was Lucinda. I think I'll call her Lucy." He said and a small girly voice rang over the sound of the motors revving and the shuffling of gravel.

I didn't listen to the rest of the conversation because I got tired and 10k's arms were working like heating pads. The warmth made me cozy and quickly I fell asleep.

*Time skip*

We had stopped at a small house we found. We all were sat and trying to plan where to go next.

"Adorable isn't she?" Murphy was talking to himself while Cassandra was guarding him and the baby. Yes Cassandra turned herself up and Murphy said that he isn't going to make her leave. She dances after her flute anyways.

Someone said something snarky but I had no need to listen. I was thinking about a lot and at the same time nothing at all. I was exhausted because we had to save Lucy several times. She is like a zombie magnet. I thought that she had inherited Murphy's power to deflect Z's but she is the exact opposite.

"Hey. Is anyone else worried about the baby?" Addy's question pulled me out of thoughts. I listened everyone discuss the baby but I kept quiet. I got bored so I decided to go see what 10k's doing.

"Hey. Anyone seen 10k?" I asked the team. They were too busy discussing so I just rolled my eye and went to look for him. It wasn't hard because I walked abut a hundred meters away from the campsite and I heard water splashing. I went towards it and found 10k fishing.

"Hey." I said to him. Without looking up he greeted me rather joyfully. I sat down and crossed my legs. I was invested in watching him fish and I rested my elbows on my lower thighs and rested my chin on my palms.

"Caught anything yet?" I asked in a sweet tone. Before he could answer he caught another fish and then as he looked up at me he held up a wire or rope that had several fishes attached to it. Once he attached the one he just caught, he headed out from the water.

"That's a lot!" I said to him in a bright smile. He sweetly smiled back and told me to hold his fishes as he put on his boots.

"Thanks K." He thanked as he finished lacing his boots and straightened his back. I handed him his fishes back and he proudly took them. Before I could turn around to start walking back 10k grabbed my waist and puled me in for a kiss. It was sweet and short.

"Let's head back alright?" He asked. I just nodded and he let go off my waist. Before he could start walking I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers. He looked at me and smiled a small but cute smile. I returned one to him and he ran pulling me along. I erupted into a fit of laughter which attracted the attention of our team.

"What's so funny kiddo?" Doc asked quite loudly. He was smiling at the sight of us both, hand in hand, smiling and finally enjoying the time.

"Oh nothing." I replied to him through my laughs. Once we reached the campsite he handed the fish to Doc and sat down. He pulled me into his lap. I sat down sideways and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Kid, you are a fishing guru." Doc said after inspecting the fish closer. 10k just slightly smiled but I could tell that he was proud of himself. I kissed his cheek and it made a slight blush appear on his face.

"I love you." He whispered to me so no one could hear. I just smiled at that and rested my head on his shoulder.

Thank you for putting up with my trashy writing. As you can see other person POV's are coming back and more sweet/cute moments of Kai and 10k are appearing. I truly love you all <3

-Kat:)