~19~

Holy shit almost 200 reads! Tysm to yall who read my story. I do check my notifications every day and it is nice seeing that already 3 people had added it to their reading lists. (I'll have a whole chapter dedicated by the end of the book for yall who are this kind)

Kai's pov.

Once we had finished eating we gathered our stuff and were ready to leave. We had spent the whole time almost in silence because we were too busy munching on our food but here were some nice conversations.

As soon as we got out of the building my eyes were blinded by the sun. I squinted my eyes and used my hand to block the sun. It surely still wasn't enough and I looked dumb trying to get used to the bright light.

Once my eyes had adjusted we packed our stuff into the car and everyone was ready to leave. As the car started to move I rested my head against the car window. I was getting tired and tired as we kept driving.

*time skip*

At one moment I jolted up from my sleep. I looked around and once I realized that we had stopped. I jumped out of the car and stretched my body. The rest of the team was gathering their stuff and ready to leave.

3rd person.

[Kai] "We going somewhere?"

[Warren] "Yup. The car ran out of fuel so we can't drive any further."

[Kai] "Shit can never be easy" She said with a sigh. Kai was already tired from this apocalypse.

[Warren] "Well yall better be ready to leave."

As she said that Kai grabbed her stuff and now everyone was ready to leave.

They were walking for a while now. Everyone was already tired. Murphy had already whined several times that now everyone ignored him.

[10k] "There's nothing to kill out here."

Kai sighed as she plopped onto the ground and enjoyed the slight wind.

[Kai] "That's fine by me. I need someone else to take care of those rotting bitches." Everyone ignored her comment because no one had the will nor the power to answer.

[Doc] "We need to find a place to make camp soon. My dogs is getting tired."

Kai chuckled but still was laying on the ground. Everyone had stopped walking because Cassandra pointed something out. There was Mount Rushmore except now it had red paint all over it.

[Warren] "Now who the hell did that?"

[Doc] "Some daredevil with a sick sense of humor"

[10k] "Is that Mount Rushmore?" As he said that Kai looked up at him and raised an eyebrow.

[Kai] "No the fucking Eifel Tower. What else?" Everyone giggled at her response.

[Warren] "This is why we can't have nice things."

there was a small chit chat as everyone rested for some short amount of time. Once everyone was rested up enough they all were back on the move again.

As the team was arguing if they were lost or not Kai had walked further a bit. She noticed a white warehouse and called everyone else to come look at it. They decided to go check it out just in case there was something they might need.

The all walked in and realized that they won't find much in there. Since they had ran out of  water everyone was thirsty as heck. Murphy had found a can of water and was about to drink from it but got stopped by Doc.

[Doc] "Hold on man you can't just drink that. That could be some you know industrial type water that'll rot your insides."

[Murphy] "Spare me the details."

As he finished his sentence they got hushed by Warren. There was some noise coming from the hallway behind the wall they were standing. As everyone took their spots and kept quiet the noise got only closer and louder.

It was until there was a horrible smell. Someone had farted and the owner of it took the blame. It was Murphy.

[Murphy] "Sorry it got away from me"

Everyone covered up their noses and stayed focused.

[Doc] "If I die because you farted, I'm taking you with me."

Kai giggled at that and quickly got shushed. She stood there quietly trying not to gag of the smell and to not laugh because of the Doc's comment.

As the Z got closer the team jumped out of their hiding spot and took a look at the zombie. It was a regular Z except what made it special was the liquid it was covered in. The Z was covered in some green slime that was glowing in the dim light. Everyone stood there frozen and in shock. It was until the Z got too close and Warren took action first to try and kill it. It turned out into a failed attempt and instead of the zombie laying on the ground, Warren was now pinned to the wall.

More zombies came and the team was fighting with them. They didn't notice that Warren was up against the wall.

[???] "Don't touch them" A man's voice commanded the team and they did as said. The man then killed the zombie that had Warren pinned to the wall.

As they all exited the warehouse they got to know what kind of Z's they were.

Turned out that there is a nuclear powerplant nearby that was on the verge of exploding because of the zombies. That's why some of them were glowing green and the green ones were extremely dangerous. They were radioactive and even the smallest amount of damage done by it could kill you in a matter of minutes.