~40~

Tysm for 800 reads. I never thought that I will get more than 200 reads on this by the time I finish it but here we are almost at 1k. I love yall <3

10k's pov.

We were in a tunnel. The car was flipped around because of the explosion. I noticed that there was blood dripping down but I wasn't sure if it was mine. Then the thought of blood made me remember about Kai. Her wound.

My head instantly turned around to look in the backseats. She was hanging upside down. Her hat had fallen off and it was nowhere to be seen. Her arms were hanging and her face was pale. A few streaks of trailing blood reached her chin. So it must mean that it wasn't a long time after the explosion.

I heard Warren's grunts as she wriggled her way out of the car. She went to help Doc. I did the same except I helped Kai. The fact that she was blacked out didn't help. I could hurt her by accident and I would have no clue. I slid in the car on my back. I could feel a few sharp shards of glass poke my back but my vest saved it from being cut.

I wanted to reach up to wake her up but to my surprise she did it herself. Her eyes shot open and she looked around. She was confused but didn't say anything. I reached for my knife as I heard her cough. I looked back up and she coughed up some blood. That can't be good.

I took my knife and reached up to cut her seatbelt but she beat me to it. She fell on me with a grunt and she stopped breathing for a moment. I guess it was from the pain but she hid it pretty well. She then pulled herself out of the car with a couple of grunts. I followed her and once I stood up my eyes automatically found hers.

Some color was coming back to her but she still clutched at her wound. It wasn't bleeding that much so I was sure that it will heal.

Kai's pov.

I got out of the car. I struggled to get up but somehow managed to stand. I looked around and found that we were in a tunnel. 10k got out too and I looked at him searching if he was hurt. As my eyes locked with his he seemed to be doing the same.

I looked away and tried taking deep breaths. But with each breath it hurt more. So I stuck to shallow breathing at least for now. I clutched my wound out of habit. It felt like someone was constantly poking needles around my abdomen but I could stand it.

"Is that snow?" I heard 10k ask. I looked around and it didn't look like snow. Then it hit me. Fallout.

"No dumbass it's fallout." I said with a wince. It still hurt to breathe.

It earned a chuckle from Warren. I smiled and looked at her.

"Well...technically you're not wrong. Radioactive fallout." She said and I smiled a weak smile. Doc was better but Warren still helped him walk. He was giggling this whole time.

"Well we better get going. Cover your faces and Kai put on a shirt. We don't want another infection." Warren instructed and I playfully saluted. She just sent a glare to tell that she was being serious. I just did as she told and put on my shirt. The other one worked as a mask to prevent inhaling the fallout. I then looked around to find my hat. I couldn't find it so I gave up and followed the team. Or whatever was left of our team.

*Time skip*

We had walked for a while and now we were in a junkyard. It was full of cars and other stuff. We had ran out of water a while ago. Not like this is the first time but this was the hardest. 10k was helping Doc to sit down against a car. I slumped down too. Warren still stood. Her gaze became foggy as she was thinking. Then she spoke up.

"I'm going to see if I can find food or help while I still got the strength." She said as she looked at us.

I nodded to her and so did 10k. We knew that it'll be tough but we'll make it. She then double checked her stuff and started walking.

"If I'm not back in 48 hours, you're on your own." She said and with that she left. I sighed and stood up. My wound had stopped bleeding thankfully but it still hurt a bit. The pain was now down to only a weak throb so I could walk on my own well enough.

"Where you going?" I heard 10k ask. I sighed and looked at him. I shrugged my shoulders and found a pretty shadowy spot. I pointed at it and spoke in a raspy voice.

"We could sit there. It'll be cooler there." I said as I looked back at 10k. He nodded and pulled Doc up. As we made our way there I noticed some light flashing further. It seemed like a signal so I pointed it out.

We walked towards it and heard some grunts and shouting. It sounded like Mack? But he stayed at the camp? Is Addy there too?

I saw a trailer that we could climb so I rushed towards it. We helped Doc up and then 10k. Before I could get up I heard a growl. I turned around and there were Z's. Of course.

I tried running away but couldn't. One of them tackled me to the ground and I landed with a thud. Before it could claw at me a bullet pierced its brain. I scrambled to my feet and huffed. The other Z's were making their way to me so I took out my throwing knives. It's showtime baby!

I chuckled and attacked them. After some fighting both Z's laid on the ground lifeless. I sighed and cleaned my knives against my pants. They were stained with blood, dust and who knows what else so you could only see a few splotched of it's original color.

I heard another gunshot and looked at 10k. He was looking the other way so I turned fully to see what had his attention. There were two people. Both really familiar. Addy and Mack.

I sighed and collapsed to the ground. Not because I was bleeding or anything but because I was thirsty, hungry and exhausted. I heard steps approaching me so I tilted my head up to see who it was.

It was 10k with Mack behind him. 10k held out a hand for me and I took it. He then hauled me up to my feet and hugged me. I stiffened but soon enough he let go. I smiled at him and he returned the smile.

"Ahem." I heard a voice behind 10k so I pushed him to the side slightly.

"How about a hug." It was Mack he smiled brightly and held his arms open. I hesitated before 10k pushed me towards Mack. He just chuckled and pulled me into a hug.

"God I missed you. Honestly I thought that I had lost my little sister." He said and laughed. Little sister?

With that I hugged him back and chuckled. I missed him too. Then another voice spoke up.

"Hey uhh...Kai I'm sorry for whatever was between us. Will you forgive me?" It was Addy. I pulled away from Mack and looked at her. I didn't know what to say. She stuck out her hand for me to shake. I reached out for it but instead she pulled me into a hug.

As she did so something hit my wound. I hissed and she pulled away. My hand automatically reached up to the wound and clutched it. Addy looked at me shocked. I felt everyone's eyes on me and I decided to speak up. My voice still raspy but I managed.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it. It'll heal. That isn't the worst wound I've had." I chuckled and pointed to my left eye. Everyone chuckled too. It felt good to have them back. Even Addy.

Aww man we are at Season 2 already. I think there will be a book two if I can't fit all the season's into one book. Anyways the next few chapters are a bit chaotic but stick with me. Also if you see a spelling mistake or have any questions don't be shy and comment. I'd like someone else's opinion on this book too.

Anyways love you all <3

~Kat:)