~39~

Kai's pov.

We were walking further into the lab. Each step I took was filled with pain. I didn't really feel the pain since my mind was crowded with memories of Cass. She was like sister to me and now I lost her. I didn't cry because I knew her time would come soon. With that infection of hers she would've left sooner or later. I just regret not saying a proper goodbye to her.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I felt someone tug on my wrist. I blinked a few times and looked around. The team stood frozen in some kind of a lab. There were weird looking contraptions in two rows and on each wall there were desks with computers.

By the furthest wall was a table that had some kind of a humanoid creature. I just now noticed the smell. It really stank like there was a dead fish rotting in the air vents making the whole room stink. The creature seemed to be alive. It's chest was moving up and down in shallow breath's.

I instantly realized that it is a human. I walked up to it slowly. I turned my head to look over my shoulder and the rest of the team were hot on my tracks. It was kind of funny because I was the first to go and then the rest went after me.

I turned back around and finished the distance that was left with only a few steps. I took in the man's position and it looked like he'd been there for a while. He had only a few patches of flesh left on his half body and all his muscles and bones were shown. I felt sorry for the man. He must be in so much pain.

I heard him hiss something but I couldn't quite make it out. I bent over and turned my head so my ear was closer to his face. He breathed in and hissed again. This time I heard him but his words left me speechless.

"Kill me" He hissed over and over again. I closed my eyes and breathed in a huge gulp of air. I pushed down my tears that were threatening to slip out and took one of my handguns. I looked to Warren for comfort and she just nodded. I took off the gun's safety and aimed it at the man's head.

"I give you mercy." I whispered in a shaky voice. The man closed his eyes and I placed a finger to pull the trigger. A tear ran down my cheek as I fired. The man's chest stopped moving and I breathed in a shallow breath.

I turned back on the gun's safety and placed my gun back behind my belt. I turned to the team and they all had saddened looks on their faces. More tears filled my eyes and I felt someone pull me into a hug.

I didn't hug them back instead I just stiffened against their touch. I even stopped crying. I wanted to push away but a voice made us all jump. As it boomed trough the room the person that hugged me stepped away and all out head's turned the speaker's way.

There stood 3 people. All in black jumpsuits and masks. Except the middle one: he held a doctor's satchel. One that looked exactly like Doc's. The person placed the bag on the floor and straightened back up.

Murphy took a step closer to that person from his place next to me. He was the one who stood the closest to me so I assumed that he was the one to hug me. It surprised me but I didn't say or do anything. I just zoned out and didn't listen to anything.

I was still in a lot of pain and now that I was zoned out I could focus on the wound. My had out of habit reached up to my abdomen where the wound was. I could feel warm liquid seep between my fingers. I winced a bit but kept zoning off. I got a bit lightheaded as I suppose I had lost too much blood.

I was starting to sway a bit but I managed to stop. I needed to stay up until the business was done and we can get out of here. I was doing pretty good until a shot filled my ears and I snapped out of my 'trance'. I looked around and saw that Doc was on the ground blacked out, Warren was giving him CPR, 10k was on one knee next to Doc and Murphy ran. Two of people in masks and jumpsuits were laying on the floor and the third was nowhere in sight. In the middle of the chaos I saw a glimpse of Cass.

Except Cass wasn't Cass. She had weird green-ish hazel eyes and a huge, bloody bitemark was on her cheek. I gasped and with that she was out of my sight. I felt more and more lightheaded as more blood oozed out of my wound.

I couldn't stand straight anymore so I leaned against the nearest table and closed my eyes. I swayed a bit but managed to get it together. I opened my eyes and staggered to Doc.

"We gotta get out of here. Pick him up we'll deal with him later." I said to Warren in a raspy voice. As she stopped doing CPR Doc bolted straight up. It left us all in shock but I was the first to act. I stood up and pulled one of Doc's arm around my shoulders. As I did so both Warren and 10k snapped out of it and helped me.

*time skip*

We were out already on the lift to get us outside. I clutched Doc's arm tighter and My other hand clutched my wound. I was swaying a bit more but I needed to help Doc out of here. 10k saw something on the ground and went to observe it. As he did all Doc's weight fell on me and I huffed but stood firmly enough to hold the both of us.

Suddenly everything went black for a moment and the next thing I knew we were in a car. Warren in the front driving, 10k in the front passenger seat and me and Doc in the backseats. I buckled myself and then helped Doc.

Once it was done I rested my head against the seat and sighed. I could finally rest. Before I could black out I felt someone shake my shoulder. I looked up and it was Doc. He looked down to my abdomen. I followed his look and I chuckled at the sight. My hand was all in blood, My navy pants were now a deep shade of purple that looked almost black.

I rested my head back again and closed my eyes. I heard voices but they became more muffled with each breath. I felt the car take a sudden left turn and then everything became black.