~58~

I'm back my fellow readers! Glad to recieve all the votes and to see that this story has almost 5k reads. The story might be a bit off script since I'm writing off my memory.

Kai's POV.

I woke up still snuggled up to 10k's chest. The rest of the team was sat around a rock that had our fish on it except now it was cooked.

I sat up from my possition and stretched my muscles before I looked around to come to a realisation.

"Where's Warren and dad?" I asked no one particulary.

"Vasquez left a while ago and Warren just left to go after him." Doc explained still fixated to his deal of fish.

I stayed quiet as I looked around at the rest of the family of misfits.

Murphy was sitting a little off the rest with Lucy in his arms. Cassandra was behind him, massaging his shoulders.

Addy was sitting with us and fiddling with her deal of fish just like Doc. 10k was resting his head on my shoulder as I now stradled his hips.

"We should get a hold of that baby." I tell everyone as I spare Murphy and his daughter another glance.

"Warren told us the exact same thing before she left." Addy said as she stuffed the last bits of her fish in her mouth.

"How do you plan on doing that?" 10k murmurs from my shoulder. I look at Doc and Addy inviting them to plan.

*Time skip because i find that part boring*

We had decided to first try the calm approach. We will simply go up to Murphy and ask to see the kid. After that who knows.

Doc and Addy go up to Murphy to talk as 10k hands me the last fish and forces me to at least taste it.

I was halfway my fish when Murphy got furious after he deciphered our plan. After both, Addy and Doc returned, Murphy ordered Casandra to guard everyone and not allow us to leave.

After that he took a bottle of water for himself and Lucy and left. We were worried since we actually weren't planning to get rid of the kid.

I got a pang of guilt settle in me and I could barely swallow the piece of fish I was now overchewing.

So I decided to get up and go after Murphy to try and stop him. Before I could even leave the wooden patio (im not sure if its called that since english isn't my first language) when Cassandra was all in my face and growling like a wild dog.

"No one leaves!" She growls in her zombie hybrid voice and I just stand there looking at her.

"Let me pass." I say to her calmly with no emotion to hide the slight fear that was settling in me.

"No one passes." She growled lower on the last part of the sentence. I sigh and try to push past her but she just stands there like a pole dug into ground.

I try once again but she wouldn't budge so I decide to try my luck this time.

So I stomp on her foot with mine and try to push her to the side.

All she does is push me back except she really didn't calculate her power and she sends me flying back a few feet.

As I land with a thud Addy and 10k has jumped to their feet while Doc looks unbothered.

I glance at Cassandra as I get up and for a moment her eyes look full of regret like she was back to human for a moment.

As I got up my head punds for a moment before it goes back to normal. Meanwhile Addy has finished checking if I haven't gotten any serious injuries.