~34~

Another double update. Love yall and tysm for already 600 reads <3

Kai's pov.

We had turned to the right off the road. Murphy was gone again so we had to find him. I was exhausted of that so once we find him I'll kick his ass. No seriously we had lost him more times than I had been hurt during this whole damn apocalypse.

We were now driving for a while. It had gotten hot so I decided to sunbathe a bit. I just took off both my shirts and laid in the bedding of the truck. However I kept my pants on just in case we have to jump into action.

As I laid down I pulled my cap lower and relaxed. The sun was shining directly on me so it was a pretty much sweaty ride. I noticed someone's eyes on me. The only one who was with me in the bedding of the truck was 10k so I knew it's him. I smirked and just kept relaxing.

"Y'know you can always join me." I said to him without even sitting up or looking at him. I tilted my hat up a bit to study his expression and to be fair it was pretty interesting. His eyes were studying my abdomen, his cheeks and the bridge of his nose a deep shade of pink and a small smile on him. I chuckled and shook my head.

"W-well would you be fine with it?" He asked me. I looked at him and answered.

"Well if it wasn't fine would've I asked?" As I replied he just shrugged his shoulders and took off his shirt too. He was now laying next to me with one of his arms shielding his eyes from the sun. I on the other hand had pulled my cap back down on my face and rested again.

I suppose I had slept because I jolted awake because I felt someone tug at my foot. I pulled my hat back up in it's normal position to see who it was. It was Cass. She looked terrified. Probably because I jolted up so suddenly but I muttered a sorry and took all my stuff to get ready to go.

I still refused to put my shirts on because it was pretty hot and turned out that I had a sunburn all over my front. The view was pretty funny. From the back I looked pale as a ghost but from the front I was as red as a tomato. The only thing that wasn't really burnt was her face and back. It hurt like a bitch to even have my sniper strapped around me but I put up with it.

Everyone tried making me to put on my clothes back but I couldn't. It was already enough struggle with the heat and now a sunburn.

Eventually they gave up and let me walk like I was. I was pretty much delighted because I kept walking off the trail where was more shadow from the trees. Each time I got out of the team's sight for more than two minutes 10k whistled. I whistled back letting him know that I'm near and safe.

Each time it was a different whistle so no one could even know that it was a code. Our team knew that of course but they didn't pay enough attention to actually learn the codes.

3rd person.

[10k] "Hey, check this out!" He pointed to a nearby log that was laying on the ground. It had a jacket that Murphy was wearing from before on it.

[Kai] "Y'think he left it on purpose?" She asked as she came out of nowhere making the team jump. She apologized and then a silence settled on.

[Warren] "He must have. He definitely didn't go willingly." She said that after thinking for a while. She earned a few nods from the team in agreement.

[Kai] "We better step it up then. I call dibs on kicking his ass once we find him." The last part of the sentence she said out with a scoff. Warren glanced at her but smiled.

Kai was trying her best to change for the better. Warren felt proud of her just like a mother would.

[Doc] "I knew she was gonna say that!" he said with a scoff. Kai just chuckled and kept on walking.

*time skip brought to you by a whining Smurphy.*

The team had stopped by a car a few minutes ago. There was a car but trying to break into it had failed. They tried coming up with a plan but they heard gunshots. That's when the plan had presented itself.

Now they had stopped on a small hill. It had a few trees to they could hide from the Z's and Kai could hide from the sun. They were observing a storehouse. It was full of Z's. Some were fast some slow. But what Doc saw made him chuckle.

Warren asked him what's so funny and Doc just handed her his binoculars that he had. As Warren looked towards the direction that Doc was watching before Cassandra was interested too.

Warren was at word-loss so she just handed the binoculars to her. Cassandra was now speechless too. As she was about to pass them to 10k Doc grabbed them from Cassandras grasp.

[10k] "What is it?" He asked the three who had seen the thing.

[Doc] "Viagra Z's." As he muttered that to himself Kai busted out laughing. Doc gave her a glare but quickly understood that she had heard him mutter.

He chuckled and held onto Kai's bicep to keep her from falling. Now everyone was laughing their asses off except 10k. He just stood there confused. That made the situation even more funny.

After everyone calmed down Kai was wiping her tears away with one of her shirts as she held her stomach. Laughing that much made her wound throb in pain and her abdomen hurt from the laughing. She hissed in pain as she straightened back up.

Doc gave her a worried look and she just assured him that she's fine. Doc looked down to her side and saw a slight blood trickle down. He tilted his head and placed his hands on his hips.

[Doc] "What did I tell you?!" That made Kai laugh just more. Doc's 'worried mama pose' looked hilarious.

[Kai] "Okay okay. Fine do whatever you need." She said as she sat down and leaned back on her hands to let Doc examine her again.