~6~

A/N: I wanted to update you guys yesterday but I felt really sick. Hope you understand.

Kai's pov.

We had some loud music playing on the radio. I didn't recognize what kind of music it was because it wasn't the genre I preferred.

While Addy was trying to make the music play in the speaker she found, Doc went back there to get people busy or something. I was sitting in the back kind of mad. I didn't want to save that little liar but after what Addy told us I accepted that she will be back with us.

I laid my head against the glass window and closed my eyes. I heard feet shuffling but I knew that is my team. Then I felt that people were looking at me. I groaned and opened my eyes.

The whole team was standing around the back of the truck and staring at me. I didn't feel uncomfortable or anything, it just confused me.

3rd person.

[Kai] "What?"

She asked the rest of her team, who now were tensing up because Kai didn't seem to be getting scared. What the team didn't know that Kai were one of those who get scared really rarely but it was mostly because of her past. Instead the feelings she felt the most was confusion, sadness and numbness.

[Warren] "We need you in our defense position. No denying."

Kai just kept quiet and slightly nodded.

The team got their stuff together and and got in the truck that was now playing music in full volume. Kai was sitting on the roof of the truck in her armor that she told no one about until she had no choice but to tell everyone she had it. She had her guns and other weapons all in the reach of her hand.

The rest of the team was surprised about the amount of weapons she carried but no one dared to ask her anything, at least not right now.

Warren then drove back to the place to save Cassandra.

*Time skip*

Cassandra was saved and everyone made it back safely. The only one who had any injuries was Kai. She had a scratch on her cheek. She got it dodging a bullet.

After they made it back Kai went off somewhere with 10k on hot feet behind her. She looked mad with a mixture of sadness. 10 noticed that and followed the girl. He liked her so much that he planned on telling her that soon.

Kai's pov. !!!MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND BONES VISIBLE!!!

I jumped out of the back of the truck. I was mad and sad for no reason. I didn't even care if I took off my armor or not. I didn't know where I was headed but it didn't matter. All I wanted to do was to hit a wall. Which I did after I knew no one was watching me. I slammed my fist into the wall with so much strenght that I felt the crunch of a bone breaking. Shit.

I cursed out loud and felt even more mad. It was until I just slumped against the wall and started crying. I had no reason to cry.

I heard feet rustling behind a corner. I quickly wiped my tears away and stood up. I looked down to see my knuckles bleeding. What I saw next made me laugh. There was a bone sticking out.

That explained why I couldn't move it. I kept laughing and then felt someone stare at me. I looked up and it was 10k. I pulled my hand in front of my face holding it horizontally letting 10 examine it. I still haven't stopped laughing.

He looked at it horrified and just stared.

"Don't worry, I can't feel it." I said with giggling.

He grabbed my safe hand and pulled me back to the truck. I now had just a slight smile plastered on my face.

Doc and Warren looked worried because they knew I don't usually smile. They both stepped closer and stopped immediately as I showed them my hurt hand placed in the same position as I had shown 10k before.

I heard Cassandra and Mack gag. It just made me laugh. Doc asked me if it doesn't hurt since I looked careless. I just shook my head and jumped in the back of the truck.

10k's pov.

I pulled her behind me towards the truck. The team looked towards us. Some shared the looks of 'what-did-I-miss' While some shared concerned looks since Kai was smiling.

I didn't let got of her hand even as I saw her show the hand to Warren. Someone gagged at the view.

"Man doesn't that hurt?" Doc asked her as she just giggled and shook her head.

This girl is getting weird but that just somehow made her more attractive. I figured that her loss of pain must have a connection with her past.

I let go off her hand as she went to hop back in the truck.

Kai's pov.

After I got backed in the truck I examined the bone. It didn't look pretty but that wasn't bad. Good thing I couldn't feel the pain.

Since the bone was barely showing I wanted to fix it myself.

*This might be triggering sorry*

I gently placed my healthy hand around the finger that had the bone showing. I don't know why I was gentle but since 10k was just non-stop staring at me I didn't wanna frighten him more.

As I was sure that I had a hold of the finger I moved it around slightly trying to figure the technique to pull it back into the place.

From the looks I figured it was safe to just pull it back into place. I closed my eyes knowing that it might make things worse and that it will sting like a bitch later. 

I breathed in a deep breath, clenched my teeth and quickly pulled the finger back into it's original place. I opened my eyes and looked down at it.

The bone was secured back into it's previous place before I broke it and I congratulated myself in my head. Congrats Kai, another successful bone adjusting.

I looked over to 10k who looked down at me scarred.

"I'm fine don't worry." I said with a smile. He just relaxed a bit and slid closer to me.

As he did that I bandaged my broken finger tightly to the finger next to it making sure the bandage will stay.

As I was finished I looked over at 10k who looked down at me. I kept looking at him until I heard him say a phrase I wanted to say to him for a while.

"I think I'm in love with you"