~37~

I'll include the last moments from the last chapter just in case some people decided to skip it.

3rd person.

The team was now sitting in a white van. they looked a bit worried but relaxed once they heard the door open once again. they got out of the van and looked at the person who came out.

It was kai. Her upper body and face dirty from all the sweat and blood. she was breathing heavily and she was smiling. She had her knives in one hand and her sniper in other. Both were dripping of blood.

The team shared a few concerned looks before they approached her. She seemed calm and relaxed. As Warren pushed past her to reach the door Kai pulled her back.

[Kai] "Don't. What you might see isn't fun." She said to Warren who seemed to look interested. She gave Kai a look and she released her hand.

[Kai] "I did warn you." She said as she rose her hands up in defense and turned to walk back to the car. Warren was a bit hesitant but pulled the door open. What she saw made her gag.

She pulled an arm up to her mouth and turned towards the team. She didn't say anything just shook her head. 10k pushed past Warren and looked in too. He immediately froze and stared.

After a few minutes he felt someone pull him out of there. He turned around and saw that it was Cassandra. He didn't say a thing just let her pull her back to the car. Kai had cleaned off most of the blood and now was laying in the back of the van asleep.

The team was worried of Kai so they wanted to talk while she couldn't hear.

[Warren] "There is something making her go insane."

[Doc] "Yeah. Whatever she did to that man was personal."

[10k] "She told me that a man had tortured her. I think he was the one." He muttered loud enough for the team to hear.

[Murphy] "Well now I'm afraid of her. She is not the one to be messed with."

Everyone agreed. Then a moment of silence settled. Everyone's mind trailed around Kai.

[Warren] "Well we must do something. She can't keep going like this. She will lose all her mind by the time we reach California."

[Murphy] "I say we ditch her. I mean she is dangerous for any of us."

[Doc] "Hey man don't say that. Even she does have a human side to her. Remember what she has done for you man."

[Cassandra] "C'mon Doc is right. We can't just kick her off. She actually cares for us."

[10k] "Listen I love her no matter what. If you want to kick her off the team I'm going with her."

As soon as he said that they heard Kai moving in the van. They went to check up on her and she was thrashing in her sleep.

10k shook her foot to wake her up which had worked but she held one of her knives to his neck.

[Murphy] "You say we can't kick her off huh?"

*time skip*

The team had stopped to rest. Cassandra had gotten worse. 10k tried to take care of her and Kai tried to help. The team didn't let her do anything so Kai was now laying on her back on the ground. Her arms behind her head and her hat back low on her face. She still had that sunburn but she didn't care. She was laying in the sun again.

The rest of the team was contacting Citizen Z. They had been talking for a while and they received a new destination. It seemed to be closer. Warren notified everyone of the new location. As Citizen Z ended the conversation they overheard a conversation between Cassandra and 10k.

[10k] "Feel better now?" He asked her with worry

[Cassandra] "Yeah a little bit." She replied while she sat up. 10k tried picking her up but he couldn't. She groaned loud enough for Kai to hear. Kai was instantly up and rushed towards them both.

[Kai] "What's going on?" She asked Cassandra and 10k. She didn't get an answer so it angered her a bit. She inhaled deeply and pushed the anger down.

Kai's pov.

God dang it. How am I supposed to help if they don't even speak to me. Hell they even didn't let me help in any way. I inhaled deeply and got up. I was a bit angry so I tried to calm down. As I got up to leave 10k spoke to me.

"Help me get her to the car." He sounded desperate and worried. I turned back to face him and more anger filled me. I looked in his eyes and anger just overflowed.

"Ohh! Now you do need my help huh? I was there the whole time and just now you are asking me?" I said loud enough so all of the team could hear. It fell silent so I continued speaking.

"You guys stopped trusting me. I said I have this under control. I have a few missions on my own. And yet you all always think about yourself." I spat at them and tears had formed. I had no idea why I was crying. The team just stood there guilty looks on their faces. I just carried on speaking.

"Y'know maybe I should've left when Addy and Mack did. Then I wouldn't be on your necks all the time." I was now full on crying and yelling.

"I actually cared and helped you all even though you all never were there for me." I muttered now calming down. No one had said anything so I just looked to the  ground. I had tears still rolling down my cheeks but I ignored them. I went to pick up my stuff.

"See you all at the lab. If you guys survive." I said with a wave and walked off. I heard someone run after me. I knew that it will be either 10k or Warren.

"Stop whatever you are trying. I won't go back." I spat with no emotion to whoever was running up to me. The runner didn't stop so I stopped and deeply sighed. Before I could say anything I got cut off.

"I won't. I'm going with you." 10k said.  I furrowed my brows in confusion and turned back to keep walking. Before I could he pulled me back by my wrist.

I gave him a glare but he didn't let go. I tried to yank my wrist out of his grasp but it just tightened.

"Listen I don't have time for this. You had your chance and you blew it. Either you let me go or you end up with a broken nose." I said to him. He looked away from me and his eyes turned glossy. Was he crying? Because of me?

I shook my head as his grip loosened until my hand hang by my side. He said a few apologies but I didn't care. I know that I had hurt him.

"It's not the last goodbye dumbass. I'll see you at the lab maybe." I said as I walked off again. I was close enough to hear him chuckle and sniffle a bit.

I didn't look back as I took the small path that I saw in the forest and walked. It will be quite a walk but who cares.