~52~

So for your information this chapter has been changed a bit...

Kai's POV.

I stirred awake in a bedding of a truck. My head was resting in the lap of 10k and he had his fingers tangled in my hair. I cracked open my eye and looked up at him.

"Rise and shine my little Sunshine!" I groaned as I sat up. 10k chuckled and I heard someone snort. I instantly looked up and found out that it was dad. He smiled at me and I returned the gesture.

I looked around only to find out that we were back on the road. The sun was setting so the sky was illuminated in a beautiful orange, yellow and pink hue. I sighed and ran a hand across my face.

Once my hand reached the fresh wound on my face pain struck my face. I slightly winced at the pain and removed my hand.

"Hey does anyone have an eye patch?" I yelled loud enough so that the people in the car could hear me. Murphy stuck his head out one of the windows and made a pretty funny joke.

"What? You want to play pirates now?" He said in a joking way. I chuckled at the joke and made a comment.

"Well I kind of do." I said to him. He didn't say anything just ducked back into the car. I could hear a light conversation emit between them but I couldn't make out what about.

"y'know amore that look you got going on matches you perfectly." Dad said with a small chuckle. I giggled and thanked him. I just sat there and enjoyed the ride.

That was short lived since the car started to slow down....

I stood up and looked over the car roof to look what could be the reason why we were stopping. What I saw was shocking. I ducked back down and 10k eyed me in worry.

"Murphy's pie girl is just standing there." I said to him. He furrowed his eyebrows and decided to check it out himself. While he was doing so dad got more and more confused.

"Pie girl? What is going on?" He asked me. I looked at him and remembered what had happened.

"Oh it's a long story." I said with a chuckle. It just made him more confused. 

Finally the car came to a stop and we all got out of the car. It indeed was Murphy's pie girl. She looked exhausted and what surprised me the most was that she was visibly pregnant. She looked like the baby was about to crawl out any minute.

She eyed each one of us individually and her eyes stopped at me. Her face held guilt and sorrow. She just walked up to me and looked down to my abdomen to take a look at my now healed wound.

"That healed wonderfully. Also why didn't you say that you were a girl? We could've given you better help." She said as she looked me in the face. She was about to say something but once she saw my destroyed face she gasped.

"Was this all because of us?" She asked. By 'us' she meant the women in the camp. I sweetly smiled at her and shook my head a 'no'. She sighed and pulled me into a bear hug. To not be rude I hugged her back.

Once she let go she walked up to the car to see Murphy. He was the only one who didn't get out of the car. I decided to let them have a nice conversation so I walked a small distance away from the car. I pulled up my sniper and looked through the scope. I waned to practice since I'm half blind now.

"Practicing are we?" I head 10k's voice from behind me. I turned my head to make sure it's him. He smiled a smile and walked up to me to stand directly next to me.

I adverted my  gaze back to my scope and aimed. There was a sign that I was aiming at. I finally shot and listened as a nice 'cling' came from the sign. I smiled at the sound and looked at 10k. He looked at me and smiled.