~25~

Kai's pov.

I was pulled into a hug by Addy. She was back and I was planning to leave once they return. Now the decision is ready to kick me in the back of my knees.

I didn't hug her back but instead I just stood there. I was prpcessing what will I do now.

As she pulled away she looked into my face. I suppose everyone told her and Mack what had happened since the team never shuts up about anything.

"What's wrong? You don't smile anymore and now you didn't even hug me?" Wait what? Did no one really tell her?

I just looked to the ground and didn't speak. I figured that I should go somewhere quiet and think about what should I do next.

I looked back up and everyone was still staring at me. I just turned around and walked back to the truck. I felt everyones eyes follow me but that won't stop me.

As I reached the truck I got back into the backseat and instantly locked all doors. I needed some time to think.

I sat in the middle of the backseats and put my legs between the front seats. I pulled my hat lower and put on the hood of my sweater so no one could see my face.

Once I was comfortable enough I heard someone knock on the glass of the car. I didn't bother to look up. I just zoned out and didn't even think about what should I do next. I'll probably stay with them untill California but after that I'll be on my own again. I'll probably try to find my dad.

After some time I heard someone try to open the door. I got really annoyed and I looked at whoever it was. It was Warren and Addy. They looked at me and motioned to the lock.

I sighed and unlocked the door which was instantly pulled open. I felt Addy's hands on my jacket and pull me out of the car. I didn't even put up a fight to which she looked at me with a surprised expression.

I was now standing in fron of the whole team. They all looked at me weirdly.

3rd person.

[Addy] "I know what 10k did."

Kai just stood there expressionless. That only made Addy more mad.

[Addy] "Why aren't you talking to me!"
She shouted trough her gritted teeth. Kai still hadn't mobed or changed her expression.

Next thing Addy did surprised everyone. She slapped Kai across her face with force so strong that it opened one of Kai's scars back open.

Once Kai looked back up she had blood gushing out of the scar. She didn't even cry or scream. Nor did she try to hit Addy back.

Once Addy realized what she had done she tried apologizing to Kai. She stepped forward and sticked out a hand to touch Kai's face but right before she got a chance to do that Kai grabbed her wrist.

[Kai] "Save it"

She said in a low voice that sounded full with pain. Once Kai had agressively pushed Addy's hand away she walked back to the car to get her stuff.

The team tried stopping her but Kai pulled out her gun from her bag and pointed it out to the team.

She shook her head and took her stuff to leave.

Kai's pov.

I grabbed my stuff and turned back to the team. They all stood there apologizing.

I grinned and turned away to start walking away but I felt someone grab my wrist.

I was turned around and the one holding my wrist was 10k. My vision was getting blurry from the blood but I could clearly tell its him.

He started pulling me somewhere. Since I couldn't pull my hand out of his grasp the only choice I had left was to just follow him.

Once I accepted deffeat I walked behind him slowly. After he realized I'm not putting up a fight he let go of my hand and he turned around to look at me.

I was staring right at him and so did he. Even his voice couldn't break the eye contact.

"Listen I'm sorry about what I did. I regretted it the exact moment I did that. After I saw hiw broken you were I felt like you will just dissapear from me." He said and I just kept quiet. I didn't plan on talking to him.

"Kai please say something." As I looked to the ground he said now in a softer voice. Fuck you feelings not now.

"Fine I'll stay." I muttered loud enough so he could hear me. I knew that he was now smiling.

He tried giving me a hug but I ducked avoiding it.

"That doesn't mean I forgive you." I said as I looked at him again and saw his smile drop. He just nodded and walked back to the rest of the team leaving me there to process everything. I hope you're making the right decision Kai, I really do.

I realized I was still standing there. I was pulled out of my tjoughts by someone calling my name. It was Doc.

He was standing by the car with his bag in his hands. I knew that I will need stitches and it will take a long time to heal back again.

As I sat in the truck Doc was stitching my face back and he tried making a conversation with me. I ignored him and looked into the horizon drowning in my thoughts.

I snapped back into reality after Doc had finished and now handed me back my hat that he had to take off. I put it back on and looked around.

The team were sharing some words and I assumed that they were planning something. Once they noticed that I was done they called me over.

I walked up to them to listen about what they had to say.

They had went into a building to get supplies earlier while I was asleep but now they were thinking about where to go next. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked back to the car. I was pretty exhausted so I was thinking of a nice nap.