~67~

This took me so long to write and publish due to school. Don't worry I haven't abandoned the book. In fact I love writing for it.

As I got out of the car I noticed that it was more like a gas station that worked also as a souvenir shop. It was pretty run down and trashed. There was old alien themed things as decorations that were looking like they have been tied to the back of a truck and dragged for a while.

We walked closer to the gas station with guns raised and aware of what might await inside.

"Looks like we have some believers inside." Warren said as we were close enough to see through the dirty windows. You could really see a few people inside and they for sure knew that we are here.

I held my sniper close to me and double checked that it was reloaded and the safety was off. The rest of the group seemed to do the same and were on the edge. Before we were really close to the building Warren in a low voice told us instructions.

"10k stay behind but not too far, you'll cover up. Kai you'll come first with us and don't forget your act. Now it'll be useful. The rest be in the middle and be ready." She instructed all of us and we followed the orders.

I quickly tool my old hat and placed it on my head to pull it down as low as I can. I just love doing the act.

10k stayed behind everyone and aimed through the scope of his gun. Something tells me that he isn't looking at the people inside the building but more like looking at me just so see what I'll do this time.

As we were really close to the building the door opened and a person spoke up. I couldn't really see the person due to my hat but I knew that they could see my lower part of my face. This time I didn't really try hiding it.

"Are you here for the Visitors?" The person asked. I snorted pretty loud and stayed quiet.

"Visitors?" Addy asked the person speaking. I was really bored so I decided to just put on my eyepatch to scare them later. I pulled it out of its designated pocked on my pants. I could feel the burning sensation of everyone eyeing me since they know I could be a bit unpredictable.

After getting my eyepatch I turned my back to the strangers and faced the rest of the team. tilted my head up and I saw that everyone was quite tense.

I fastened my eyepatch on and fixed it to make it more comfortably and turned back around while lowering my head again.

I stood there just listening to them blabber on about some resources and aliens then and there. I was getting quite bored so I started to check and reload all my guns. The people from the gas station seemed on edge when they saw me doing it.

"Can he uhhh...Not do whatever it is what he is doing and reveal himself? We think it is quite rude in front of Bernadette." One of them said clearly meaning that about me. I ignored him until Warren walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

I removed my hat and looked up at them finally see all of them. When I looked at all of them I realized that they all wore some type of accessory that was alien themed. That was weird.

For a surprise they didn't seem so phased about my eyepatch and they went back to chit chatting.

After a while we were allowed inside and we got to finally rest a bit. Some of us were on edge but to be fair I felt relaxed. They know that I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve just in case so they trusted me.

I was hanging around only my team. I didn't want to go overboard just yet so I stuck around Doc, Addy, dad and 10k. We mostly talked about what we have went through before and fantasizing about the future. We had a good share of laugh.

That was until Murphy was pissing off some of the ones who lived here. We went to see what had happened but by the time we found everyone else was when they were all looking curiously to what I guessed was their leader.

What they didn't notice was a zombie slowly walking up to us and before I could react 10k already took care of it. Nobody even said anything just looked at him like he had disrespected their funeral.

"Four thousand two hundred thirty nine." He adds the kill to his growing kill-count. I raised my arm for a high five and after getting one we focused back on everyone else.

"We hope you like teriyaki. It's all we have left." One of the people explained. I wasn't too hungry so I wasn't really interested.

"No beef stroganoff?" Murphy commented and it earned a laugh from me. Everyone now was staring us down and me and Murphy shared a silly look.

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Warren said and everyone went inside. I decided to stay back and just relax for a moment.

I curiously walked around the gas station looking for something to distract myself with when I noticed a way to get to the roof. I smiled to myself and started to climb up.

The climb itself wasn't difficult. The fact that I had all my weapons and my bag with me made it double the effort.

As soon as I was on the roof I took a deep breath and walked around taking in the view of the dry landscape. I found a spot where the sun shines on the left side of my face and the view is pretty.

I placed my bag down and sat on the edge of the roof to rest. I sat there for a good minute before I could hear the gas stations door open and a few people walk out. They didn't talk or anything but they seemed to walk a bit off the door.

I listened in.

"These people give me the creeps." I head dad's voice.

"I think we should scout out and get what we can and leave." Murphy initiated. For the first time ever I fully agree with Murphy. I felt like they have something up their mind and I didn't like it.

-Kat :)