~68~

I am so very sorry for taking so long to post chapters. End exams are ahead of me. Hope to write more soon!

After listening in on the team they all went back inside. I was getting pretty tired so I decided to take a small nap.

Now I naturally am a deep sleeper but over the years I've started to be aware of my surroundings even in my sleep.

That skill has worked wonders and saved my life many times. Unfortunately today it was just a bother.

I could hear others walking around and having talks and planning. I didnt bother to listen in more so I tried to sleep.

Not until I heard someone approach.

Murphy's POV.

I was wandering around when I got bored of annoying others. So I thought I'd get some peace on the roof.

I found a pretty good spot to climb up on so I reached for the edge of the roof and pulled myself up. As I stood up I saw Kai laying there in the sun.

For a girl she seems pretty strong and a valuable asset. I took a note of that in my mind and slowly approached her as quietly as I could.

She must have heard me since as I was about to stop halfway to her she sat up full force and turned to look at me.

I half-smiled at her and she nodded her chin up.

"Mind if I join you or this is a one man party?" I asked in a soft voice.

She seemed to relax and she nodded. I sat down next to her and looked into distance.

"I'm tired." She said after a moment of comfortable silence. I just chuckled.

"Then sleep." I said half relaxed.

"You didn't get it, did you?" She muttered quietly as she turned her face to look at me.

I furrowed my brows and looked back at her. You could see the tiredness in her eyes and the whole apocalypse has given her many scars. More than she should have for her age.

My smile fell when I realized whats wrong. I felt bad for her. Tho she does have a partner and a father. She has the rest of us yet she seems to be getting a bit distant.

"I get it, don't worry." I said to her and saw her relax.

"You can say whatever you want to me kid." I assured after she seemed to be doubting if she should talk or not.

She looked down in her lap and then into the distance.

"Ever since the apocalypse started I've felt alone. I have all of you but I don't think I've found my home yet. I'm not scared of being alone just that I'm scared I'll go insane." She finished as her  voice went quieter.

"Kid you're already insane. You have more guns and knives and katanas than anyone I've known." I try to cheer her up in my own way.

The corner of her mouth slightly slithers upwards but then slumps back down.

"I dont wanna go all bananas and hurt you guys. Rather would die here and now than do that." She mutters with a chuckle. I smile at her.

"I think I should stop acting insane. The team probably would leave me behind if I kept it up." Sadness creeped into her words as sge kept talking.

"Are you kidding me! Look where your insane looks and personality has gotten us! If I ever get to California then it's only because of you kid." I said all cheery and it made her laugh.

I looked at her and chuckled. She heard it and looked back at me.

"Oddly enough I don't hate you when I should. You're more of a father to me than my real one." She said while smiling. I was dumbfounded and she just got up, cleaned off her clothes and took her bags.

"See ya' down there!" She bid and went to climb down. I just sat there processing the information she just had presented to me and it made me feel all warm inside.

Addy's POV.

I've noticed that both Kai and Murphy have been gone for a while. I notified Warren about it and she said she knows where they both are.

She pointed to the roof and said that they are having a private talk. I was interested but at the same time weirded out.

A psycho man bonding with an unstable teenager. That is not a good combination.

I give 10k a look and nod to the entrance and he nods in return and heads out.

I want to deliver Murphy to California as soon as we can so we can finally leave.

I sat down to enjoy some peace but oh no. We were going on another side mission. We apparently have to find the best communication with the aliens.

These people are insane but I gotta help out. As we head out I call for all the help we can get in my opinion.

10k's POV.

As I went outside I ran directly into Kai. She smiled at me and I grabbed her hand and pulled her in to kiss her forehead.

She rested her head on my chest and I could feel her warm breath on my chest through my shirt.

I tilt her chin up by placing a finger under it and make her look into my eyes. She smiles and I just kiss her lips.

She pulls away first and you could see her lightly blushing. I smile at that and she seems to realize that.

She slaps my bicep playfully and giggles. I chuckle and pick her up over my shoulder. She steadies herself by placing her arms on my lower back.

I slap her backside not too hard and she gasps which makes me laugh. I start walking not even sure where.

"Where are you taking me my fair zombie assasin?" She asks in a playful tone.

"I'm stealing you for tonight." I reply and placing a hand on her upper thigh to keep her from falling as we walk.

I found a small old barn and walked inside it. It was dusty and probably full of debris. I placed her down when I was sure that this will be a safe spot for tonight for us to stay.

Kai's POV.

10k has taken me to a small barn and I think I was ready for what was about to come. We've been interrupted more than once and after the last time we were interrupted, which was months ago we didn't even try.

So now we got enough time in our hands for it. I looked at him and he took a final look around before turning his gaze on me.

I looked at him and then to his lips. I smiled shyly and he just walked up to me and kissed me.

I let it happen and it got more and more heated when all of a sudden he picked me up and took us further into the barn.

I think you can imagine what goes down further...

(written while listening to MCR)

-Kat:)