~45~

Kai's POV.

We were walking trough the building and Murphy was nowhere in sight. The last spot was on the roof so we headed that way. As we reached the stairs that led to the roof Warren explained that he must be up there because there could be no way that he jumped out of the window.

One after other we climbed the stairs and waited for everyone to get there. Once we all were up, we looked around to find Murphy. Warren noticed him first and slowly approached him. He must've heard her because he spoke up.

"Yep. I'm done." He said as he stood up.

"Hey, hey, hey." Warren tried to walk over to him. She noticed that he is too close to the edge so she tried to talk him away from doing whatever he was planning. She failed miserably because Murphy ran and jumped over the edge of the roof. Warren and Doc ran up to the edge and looked down.

He was safe because he landed in a pool full of decaying bodies. So he does have at least three braincells to form a plan. Before he could get away all of us ran down.

We saw him run to a car. As he got in he was about to start the car. Before he could do it Addy came out of nowhere and pulled him out of the car. She was angry about something. She punched him square in the nose as Murphy fell back.

Before she could bust his skull with her bare hands I ran up to her with Warren behind me. I pulled him off her and held her hands behind her back. She fought back but I just tightened my grip. Before Warren could ask what happened I noticed that Mack isn't nowhere to be seen. He usually is like glued to her.

"Where is Mack?" I asked her in a low voice. She stopped squirming as a sniffle escaped her lips. She shook her head and my heart sank to my heels. I let her wrists go and I just stood there not knowing what to do.

I wanted to cry but no tears fell. I wanted to scream but my voice was stuck. I wanted to punch something but I was frozen.

After some time that felt like eternity I just walked off. I didn't care if dad or 10k called out for me to stop. I just walked and walked. Until I stopped and slumped down against a building. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my head on them. Then tears swelled in my eyes and sobs escaped my lips.

I sat there for a while until I heard some feet shuffling. I ignored it and just kept sobbing. The person that came after me spoke up.

"Amor quien era Mack?"("Love who was Mack?") The person spoke. Because of the nickname and the fact that the person spoke Spanish gave away that it was dad. Without looking up I answered him.

"El era como un hermano para mi."("He was like a brother to me") I quietly sat there and kept sobbing. He knelt down on one knee and pulled me into a hug. I hugged back and tried to calm down. Once my tears had stopped I felt numb.

I got one person back but lost another one. It hurt like hell.

I pulled away from the hug and stood up. Dad did the same and looked at me. I didn't cry anymore. I didn't want to.

I checked around if there isn't anything that I might have dropped and then walked off again. Dad just followed right after me as I walked to the team. They had found a car. It was black. The windows were tinted and once inside the seats were leather. Only Zero's could own these so I pulled dad aside to talk to him about this. To avoid anyone understanding us we spoke Spanish.

"Por que estan los Zero's aqui?"("Why are the Zero's here?") I looked at him. He flinched at the question but I held the same emotionless expression. He sighed and answered.

"No se. Lo averiguare."("I don't know. I'll find out soon.") I nodded at that and we both walked back to the car. Warren was driving with Murphy in the front passenger seat. Dad, me, 10k and Doc shared the backseats. Doc got his own seat. I sat in dad's lap like a little child and Addy was in 10k's lap. 10k seemed uncomfortable and so did Addy.